Chapter 4

"Sweetie we'll leave straight in the morning" Ma said gently gripping my hand, i was still looking out of the window watching the darkness.

I nod coming to a conclusion "Okay we leave early tomorrow so everyone get some rest, I'll take night watch".

No one argues and they split off to go to their sleeping bags, Ma and Pa took the bed.

Everyone had their gym bags next to them ready to grab in the morning and go, my group worked on team work, we were all very organized and we dealt with everything as calmly as possible.

Running up to the roof I watched from above, the best part about where we are is that it doesn't get cold at night, and although it was dark you could still roughly see things.

Not taking my eyes off the surroundings around me, I watch the familiar trees, bushes and houses. We had been here for a week now and we were getting comfortable but we'd have to leave anyway even if the survivors didn't come.

Suddenly, i catch sight of the same car as before, it was more like a caravan. I couldn't even begin to imagen how many people were in there.

They were parked up on one of the big fields this town had, I see about 4 tall guys get out of the van and look around, taking in the surroundings.

Grabbing the night vision binoculars I grabbed from the hunting store I watched them carefully and quietly, even though they were too far away to hear me.

The same guy from earlier got out with them and talks to someone in the caravan, the way his head was pointing down whilst taking indicated the person was either sitting down or they were short.

Don't they know it's dangerous to travel in the dark? But whatever if they want to fight fire with fire they should be okay with getting burnt, or bitten....ahah I crack myself up sometimes.

I see them reach one of the houses I had coded, the leader ran his hand over the writing as though he'd get some words from it, I gently snort.

I can't hear them speaking because they were too far away, but they go in I look at the mark and see there was no live ones in there just two I had put down, I don't know why but when they went in my heart skipped a beat before I was reassured it was empty.

They came out with nothing like I knew they would the house was empty before we went in probably the people who lived there left, the leader looked at the mark again and shook his head.

I wonder if they've figured it out? It doesn't bother me because that's why we did it and it wasn't very hard to see the pattern, at least I don't think it is.

I decide I will try and figure out their ranks or something that I can see their good at so I'd have an advantage if we ever came into contact with them.

I study the leader first and see that his hair was black, he had a strong build, about 6'3 and he was very aware of his surroundings. He was watching everything and keeping his gun drawn with a hand on a knife strapped to his belt.

Next I spot the ginger headed guy, he seemed to be the second leader as everyone was asking him things when the leader went into a house. He was shorter the the leader about 6'0 and he was loaded with weapons.

Turning to the next guy I see a blonde hair guy about 6'1, I had taken into notice that he held a handgun with a silencer on the end and was shooting wondering Dead Ones in the forehead, I also noticed that he never missed and it hit exactly the same place, right between the eyebrows.

The more I studied them the more nervous I got, these guys were very dangerous, we were defiantly leaving first thing tomorrow.

Moving on the next one had light brown hair that I could see when he past under a streetlight and was taller then the last two about 6'2, he had a gun on him but nothing stood out, that made me very nervous I could see with the others but he the hardest to read, I was normally very good a reading people but with him I drew a blank.

The last dude had blonde hair and was about the same height as the ginger one. What made me the most nervous was the fact that he held a sniper with what looked to be a night vision scope.

I needed to get off the roof, if he sees me our cover was blown and everyone was in danger!

I go back inside and start packing everything that was left to pack tomorrow, I then grabbed everything and began packing the car, making more trips then I'd like to get everything in.

I made sure the car was packed properly with space for everyone to sit comfortably.

I left out some water, food and clothing for them tomorrow and fed Tinkerbell, (Charlotte's cat) she was a good cat who was quiet and didn't go outside.

She stayed alert and walked by my side as I made the trips, ever since I was little I was super good with animals.

Any animals: dogs, cats, wild animals (ect).

No one could explain it but people say that animals can sense dangerous people and situations, I hate to tell people but I'm really soft, I couldn't hurt another person but now if my family was in danger I wouldn't care who I'd have to hurt to save them and only my family and Charlotte knew that but Charlotte was basically my family.

Once I'm back inside Tinkerbell goes off and eats before setting herself at the foot of Charlotte's sleeping bag when she was done.

I head back upstairs but stay low on my stomach, I go back to watching the ground but my attention is draw back to the guys who were making their way back to the van slowly.

They seemed deep in conversation, before they all nodded and went in side.

The sniper pulls himself onto the roof and sets his gun up before he starts looking around.

Great! Now I have to watch out for Dead Ones and this sniper.

It was going to hell of a long night.