Chapter 9

*Violet's POV*

Once everyone was set up in their cars we all head off on our journey, to where you may ask? Well we don't know to be honest. Just fair enough that those other survivors won't find us.

Don't get me wrong they may be lovely people but that's not a risk I want to be taking right now.

After a while of being on the road traveling behind the car me and Charlotte talk about small things like what we would order from a Chinese store if we could, sad... Sure but we did it anyways.

''Hey Vi? Can I speak to you about something please'' Charlotte broke the silence we had formed.

''Sure Char what's up?'' still watching the road I focus on what she's saying.

''My parents, I just need to talk about them you know? I mean I love you and your parents are like my second parents but I just miss them'' she starts.

I knew this was coming sooner or later and I'm glad it has.

''I just wish I could speak to them and know if they're okay'' she states looking out the window.

I stay quiet and let her speak but I place my hand on hers so she knew I was here for her.

''I see how strong you are and I just can't be like you, I'm not as strong and I'm not a leader '' she says her voice cracking.

''You don't need to be sweetie, you don't need to be strong because we're all here for you! You don't need to be a leader because Char you already are! And don't you dare think you're not allowed to speak about them or how you feel because we all love you and care for you, so if you want to cry... You God well cry! If you want to scream... For God's sake you scream ill you can't! We're here for you Charlotte no matter what'' I say when she starts crying so she can't talk.

After about 5 minutes she calms down '' thank you Vi, I love you and I don't know what I do without you'' she says kissing my cheek.

''I love you too Charlotte'' we both go back to our comfortable silence.

Half an hour into the ride I see Sammy's car pull over.

''What the hell? '' I say and pull over.

Upon pulling over saw what had made Sammy pull over to the side of the road.

There on the side of the road was a large Siberian husky tied to a pole, the only reason the poor animal had lived was the tall fencing surrounding the pole. But that's not the only thing that was surrounding it, Dead ones were crowding it making the dog go mental.

Sammy looks at me as we both step out of our cars, i nod and head over. putting most of them down, then i let Sammy take over whilst i approached the frightened animal.

As i said before i'm freaky good with animals, in school i had worked at a volunteer shelter for animals and one of my specialties was calming them down after anything, surgery, a car accident, a fight with another animal...

So this should be no troubles, i hope.

I step forward and slowly approach the dog, it growled but other than that seemed calm, once i deemed close enough i slowly got down on the ground to make myself less threatening and i offered my hand to him.

He didn't do anything at first but back away slightly which is expected, however he didn't growl or make any signs of aggressiveness. I smiled and kept my hand there waiting for him to get curious.

Once he did become curious he slowly reached his head forward and took a deep sniff of the back of my hand, the my wrist. He was slowly getting more comfortable with my hand being in his space so i decided he was ready for me to move my hand slightly.

As though not to scare him i slowly turn my hand over, this was to suggest movement was so bad without making too much movement and scaring him. Then i just left it there so he can gain my trust again.

Once he was ready he started making signs such as licking my hand, wagging his tail and pawing my hand. After his signs i slowly lift my hand up and raise my hand just above his head but let him do the rest, lifting his head up he rubbed his head against my palm.

After a bit i did it myself and he seemed to be calming right down but also building his trust for me.

''Vi'' Charlotte calls out gently as to not scare the dog, she then held up a can of cat food ''will he know?'' she asks.

I laugh ''no Charlotte but i don't want him eating here, we've been here for too long anyway his barking could have drawn more, i don't know when he last ate so rushing him with be a awful choice'' she nods and puts the can back.

I slowly reach back and unhook the chain, his blue eyes watching me with curiosity but nothing else. ''Who's a good boy?'' i ask.

He barks and wags his tail ''you? yes you are'' he starts jumping around before leaping at me and licking me, i laugh his defiantly better now.

''Come on boy, lets go'' i gently pull the lead but he follows me willingly trotting by my side.

''Can i stroke him?'' Zoe asks quietly, i nod but tell her to go slowly.

He sits and watches her hand closely, she starts stroking him and i can tell his slightly on edge but it was only because he was nervous.

After a bit she had enough and thanked me, ''what are you going to call him?'' Zach asked.

Charlotte leaning over ''personally... i think we should call him Peter Pan!'' she suggests.

''Yes!!'' Zoe squeaked making Zach roll his eyes.

''Sure we'll go with the whole Peter Pan thing but i think Peter is just fine'' i say and everyone nods.

''Alright back to it, lets find a place before it gets late'' i lead Peter  back to the van, he jumped straight inside to the middle.

''Done this before boy?'' i ask and he just looks at me and cocks his head.

''Alright lets go get some food for these beasts'' i say lovingly and start the car.

About an hour in Charlotte spots a pet store and we run inside grabbing as many huge bags we could and even went back in for seconds, that should last us a good while.

I still couldn't believe it, our group now had seven people and two animals called Tinker Bell and Peter Pan, who would have thought it?