Letter 2

Dear Jasper,

I should really start from the beginning. But where truly did our story start. Was it the day we first met when we were younger? Or was it when we were old enough to comprehend what feelings were?

Either way we have history. History which latches its self to my mind. It will influence my decisions which I will dive into later in life. You played a part in my life, which plays on rewind sometimes in my mind.

Everybody influences someone's life. They place a notch in the persons heart and lesson in their mind. I guess this brings up my next topic. People don't date anymore, Jasper. They fuck around and only break hearts more. They take your trust and fracture it. They waste your time and we know life is on a time limit. People break those hearts and don't bat an eye. I would be lying if I said my heart hasn't been broken. Mine has been shattered and torn from my body, yet I still manage.

I remember the first guy after you. He took me out to the restaurant with the gold ceiling and formal attire. The one we use to walk past on our trips to the ice cream shop. Well, it sucked. It sucked for many reasons. It mainly sucked to the point where my thoughts were on what I truly wanted. I bet you want to know. Well, I will tell you.

It was you. I wanted to see you. Talk to you, but that wasn't an option. You were not available and I was alone. Alone with broken hearts and money flashing men. Alone with a world of people who couldn't commit to one person. Alone in a world where we lost love and found nothing but shattered hearts.

You wouldn't like this world, Jasper. Then again, you might fit in with the rest of the heartbreakers, because you were a damn good one.

Love,

Aspen