Letter 3

Dear Jasper,

I've visited the ice cream shop. The one I passed on that date. The one where we had our first date and a couple dates after that. The place where I saw your smile and fell waist deep into quicksand. I promised myself not to fall in love with you but the smile grew, and so did the hole I dug for myself.

The ice cream shop had cake batter. My favorite you know. Yours was cookies and cream. I ordered a scoop of my favorite. Cake batter was full to the rim. Cookies and cream was gone. Just like you. The world was teasing me.

I sat down at our booth. The one you carved our initials in. I looked for our initials and my stomach dropped. Your initials were scratched off leaving only mine. The lump in my throat choked me as my eyes began to water. The dam was strong though and so was I. It held just like my emotion stayed in, until the laughing started.

Remember the girl with the blonde hair and makeup caked face. The girl who once was your girlfriend before me. The girl who made my life hell when we started to date. She was there with her friends taping me. Watching for my reaction to your name being scraped off as a reminder to me. Her grin was malicious. What did you see in her? Don't answer because I know. She was an athlete, you were an athlete. Why the hell would you not be together?

Well I'm glad it didn't last because she lied to you. She cheated with your best friend. She is the one who started that crack in your heart. She is the one who made a crack in my dam of emotions. Little did we both know the crack would only grow into a hole, which would swallow us both whole.

Love,

Aspen