Where?

" WASHINGTON!!! We were just in North Carolina! Have I been asleep that long?!" I yelled. "I have powers too you know!" Maddie chuckled. "I can tell who has powers and you were one of them, also I can read minds, teleport/time travel, turn invisible, fly and I'm a pretty good ass kicker if I say so myself!" Maddie chuckled once more. " Wait did you just say that you can read minds!" I said. " Yeah, and....". "Then what am I thinking about? I'm thinking hard!" "Hmmm let me guess its definitely not you being eaten alive by demons and me trying to save your fucking life now is it! Your thinking of making out with me which will maybe.... never happen." Maddie was feisty but she was all mine, and if she is trying to save my ass oh boy she can!  Anyways I really like her but knows not the time( because she's saving my ass from what she calls 'demons') maybe later though.  But we've got a lot of work to do.  Not just to protect me but others and stop these demons from basically 'ruling' the city!  Why can't I have a normal, healthy life?  Why do I have to be some kind of hero? Why does she?  Why is she willing to sacrifice her life for me?  Is there something that she didn't tell me before?  Aren't we all hiding something?  But everyday I ask her the same question.  What happened to me? What am I?  But she never responds.  I wish sometimes she would tell me the ACTUAL truth.