Chapter 2

It's been a week since we were signed. Our EP was released and we announced that we were with Hi or Hey Records. The fans were loving our new EP and congratulated us on everything. We even got a shout out from 5SOS. I was on my way to meet with the band and our manager.

"Bloody 'ell." I muttered as some chick nearly pushed me over. She looked in a rush and was pushing through other people too. "Bleh."

I walked into the cafe where I was told to go and searched through the tables. My eyes fell on Eva's long blonde hair and Jay's pink hair. I walked over and took a seat next to Tyler. "Heyy."

"Oh, Vi, you're late." Eva narrowed her eyes at me. I rolled my eyes and sat back, crossing my arms with a little scoff. I was only... 10 minutes late.

"It was traffic," I lied. They all know I walk and not drive. I took a sip of Tyler's coffee, ignoring his protest and then said, "So, why did you call us here?"

"Okay so I was discussing with some people about you guys and we thought since twenty one pilots is going on tour, you could open for their Australian leg." Eva explained to us, beaming. Sometimes I thought she was more excited for our band than we were. She's been my best friend since kindergarten and ever since she's been supporting me through everything - and is now our manager. "They even agreed."

"Oh em gee. Seriously?" Tyler looked shocked, probably the same look as what I had. Jay was grinning and looked excited.

"Oh god, yes! Let's do it! This will be amazing. When are they coming?" I asked for us. We needed to finish up recording our next album still. We had already started and have about 5 more songs to record. And then find album art and shit... Hope we have enough time to finish that up and then start practicing, and coming up with a setlist for the opening.

"The Oceania leg will start in April. You will only be opening for their solo shows but you will be performing at Groovin' the Moo Festivals with them too." She told us. We nodded and let it sink in. 

"Wow, well, okay. That's pretty sweet. I love Groovin' the Moo too so, it should be a blast." I said and got up to get myself a coffee. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as I stood in line. I took it out and saw it was a message from my mum.

Mum: hi darling xx how are you? when are you coming to see us next? your dad is missing you very much even though he doesn't like to admit it

Me: oh hey mum, im aight, been really busy with the band. got lots of recording to do and have a small tour of aus in april so idk when ill be able to see you guys. ill try pop in soon. miss yous x

I moved up in line and soon it was my turn. I slid my phone into my pocket and smiled at the man behind the counter. "Hey, what can I get you?"

"Hi, could I please get a cappuccino?" I asked and he nodded and tapped it in on the register.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, thanks." I smiled and gave him the money he needed. He gave me back some change, a number and I went to go sit back down. They were in the middle of talking about some dog they wanted to get that Eva showed them.

"Can we get a dog, Vi?" Both Jay and Ty said in unison, giving me their puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Awww, why not?"

"Because we will be too busy to look after it." I stated. It was true, who was going to feed it when we were on tour? Or give it the attention it needs? Who was going to train it when were recording and doing all these other press stuff?

"Okay, true... Welp. I dunno." Jay said and sighed. I knew it was going to take him a little bit to get used to the change in lifestyle. I met him in 5th grade. He was always a hyper child and loved animals, he was free and lived for it. It's going to take him a little bit to adjust to the fact that we were going to be busy a lot, even if we are doing what we love.