Chapter 1: Eliminated & Sadness

Chapter 1: Getting Eliminated 

"Life has it's ups and downs, but when one friendship turn into something more, what will happen then?"

-Joey's POV- 

This has to be one of the worst nights I've ever experienced in a while. After this long on the race, why did we have to get elimintated? After all we went through? I'm sitting here in my bedroom thinking about what we could of done that would of made us stay in the race when I hear faint sobs coming from outside the door. Meghan! I can't leave her alone at a time like this! I wipe the tears that were streaming down my face away and open my door.

"Meghan?" I call. I walk into the living room and see her propped up against the couch with a pillow in her hand and tears running down her face. "Why Joey, what did we do wrong?" "Hey Meghan, it's ok, there was nothing we could of done. We went into this race and gave it our all, that's what we should focus on." I felt a couple tears drip down my face when I said, "Everything is going to be ok." "I know it's just I just wnana know what we did wrong." "We did nothing wrong," I protest. "We gave it our all and that is what we need to know, we gave it our all." "I guess your right," Meghan whispered. She started crying heavily again and so was I at this point. 

"Hey, come here." I said. Meghan came closer to me and layed her head down on my shoulder while I rubbed her back. We cried for a while. I felt my eyes getting heavy and then I heard Meghan snoring a little. I have to admit it was kind of cute. We were still snuggled up together so I decided just to stay like that. I closed my eyes and soon enough I was in a deep dreamless sleep.

EDITED