Finding A Hiding Place

When I wake up from my nap, I quickly check my jewelry box. My pendant's still here, but it's definitely not the safest.

    I start walking around the apartment, looking for a place to hide it. I check the kitchen first. I run my hand along the counter, looking for a hidden seam that indicates a cubby.

    My hand snags on something. I stop and look at it. It's a small seam, so I don't feel stupid for not seeing it before. I dig my fingernail under the seam and pull it up. I wince at the sharp pain and look at the opening.

    The cubby is quite small, and can only hold a very small object. Such as my pendant. I carefully put my pendant in the cubby and fold the chain over the emblem. As I finished putting it in the cubby, there's a knock on the door.

    I jump and silently close the door on the cubby. I open the front door slightly. Again, Tyler's standing there.

    Tyler smiles. "Sorry for earlier, I was... nervous..."

    I smile. "I can tell. So, what did you tell me?"

    Tyler blushes slightly. "I wanted to tell you that I have a crush on you."

    I freeze. "R-Really?"

    Tyler blushes harder and nods. "Yeah, I know. You wouldn't like a guy like me..."

    At that, he runs off down the hallway. I'm left staring after his retreating back, my thoughts unable to form into coherent words.