Chapter 76: A feeling that stings

Bloom's POV

2 weeks later...

"Damn. They already won three trophies." EunMi said as she stared at the television in front of us. "Yeahhh." Jaya replied as she ate the remnants of the cookie. I looked at the TV and saw that the program was already tying up, letting EXO do their encore because they won today's music show.

I let out a small smile before looking at my phone, replying on Charle's message in Kakaotalk.

"I'll be going at the office later on. Why don't we meet up there and talk everything out?"

Sent.

"Mm. What does he want now?" EunMi asked, leaning closer to take a closer look at my phone while Jaya turned her gaze at me. "His dad owns a company and would like to negotiate with me." I said, turning my phone off and placing it inside my pocket.

"Who? Charles?" Jaya asked, a bit dumbfounded while she munched another cookie. "Yeah. I heard that his dad helps off starters in the business line. They also said that he's very friendly and doesn't put much pressure on you." I added. "Anyways, I need to get ready. I'm attending a meeting later." I added before standing up, leaving the pillow on the couch and made my way towards the stairs.

"Wear something comfortable!" EunMi yelled. "You know that I would." I replied with a smile.

Once I arrived inside my room, I took my phone out and dialed Kai's number. I miss him. It's been hours since we last talked through text. It's been days since I heard his voice.

In fact, it's been two weeks since I saw him personally.

The last time we hanged out was the day after my ice cream cravingsーthat's what he called. It was the day when we visited different gown shops in Seoul. Since my birthday was getting near, I needed some gown preferences. The theme was pastel pink and Kai claimed that he would be wearing a white tux because that color combo was good.

Pastel pink with white.

Oh god, I can imagine him being all handsome.

It's my 20th birthday this April. My dad and I already planned everything before he passed away. There would be 200 guests coming on that day. Everything has been settledーthe place, the designs, the invitations and probably everything that is needed. The things that were missing were the outfits.

It would be good if dad were hereーhe's good with style. Such a fashionistaーmy dad.

Sigh.

But I know that he'll be happy whatever my choice would be. I know he will.

"Hey, this is Kim Jong In. I'm on an important errand right now and I'll try to contact you later. Please leave a message after the beep."

*BEEP*

I looked down and said, "Oh. Hey, Kai. I was just checking if you're free. It looks like not," I forced a laugh but it sounded like I was sad and bitter. "Anyways, congrats for your third win. Try to call me if you have the time. I love you." And I ended the call.

I let out a sigh before walking to my closet. He's been busy.

Super busy.

I gulped and took out a dress, it was the color of mint.

Such a soothing color for the eyes, I thought. It wasn't that bright and it looked quite simple. Mint sandals would do. I let out a smile before taking out the box which had the name of the brand written on it.