Chapter 79: All tangled up

Bloom's POV

"You'd be a great mother someday." My mom used to say that to me whenever we were out in the fields. She'd always imagine how my first born would look like since I was a good looking girl. Sometimes, I'd also like to imagine how my first baby would look like.

Would it be a boy or a girl? Whose eyes would he or she get? Would his or her nose be like mine or to my husband? Whose face would he or she resemble?

If I were to choose, I'd like my first born to be a boy. His eyes would be like mine and his nose from his father. I'm sure that he'll turn out pretty handsome once he grows up. I'll teach him how to defend his siblings like how my brother does. He'd be nice, generous and would share lots and lots of smiles.

If it'll be possible, I'd love to have twins! One boy and the other a girl.

I could imagine how happy I'll be when I'll have twins. I could hear their chuckles, their tantrums and their laughs. I imagined myself holding the boy while my husband would be holding the girl.

But sadly, I lost my first baby.

And I didn't even had a chance to know if it was a boy, a girl or probably twins.

-

I stared at the plain ceiling, feeling sick all of a sudden. Where am I? I slowly sat upright and saw the empty room, basket of fruits were all lined up on the wooden table and a few bouquets were there as well. I looked around, feeling that the room was somewhat familiar. A TV, a small fridge, a door that leads to a comfort room, a few windows and a sliding door to a small balcony.

Oh. I was in the hospital.

The door knob twisted and the door flung open. I heard a voice. "After a miscarriage? She'd probably get emotional for a few days or maybe weeks." Aunt Ye Eun said. I looked at them, emotionless or what, I stared at them and they looked surprised. "S-she's awake!" She gasped before running towards me.

It seems like she alarmed everyone from outside.

They all came in, some looked relief while some looked worried. It took me a moment to remember the names of the people that surrounded my bed. ChangMin was there, Amber and Kyungsoo, too. Unnie Violet, the twins and Jay. EunMi and Jaya and Taemin and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol.

Oh no.

I stared at him, tears slowly forming as he smiled a broken one. Why is he here? I asked, swallowing as I looked away. Kai was also there but he was far from us. He leaned at the frame of the door, his arms were crossed and he was looking down. His cheeks were strained and he didn't look at me for a few seconds.

And when he did, he quickly looked away and a tear fell from his eyes. He sniffed a small one so that no one would hear.

I looked away and felt a hand on mine. It was Aunt Ye Eun. I looked at her and she offered me a sad smile. "I didn't loose it, right?" I trembled, my hands were shaking as tears threatened to fall down. She looked hesitant to answer and it took her a few minutes before she shook her head. "I'm sorry, Jung." She whispered.

"W-what?" I asked, looking at her with confusion. I looked at the people around me and they were looking down. The atmosphere changed all of a sudden. I stared at them for a few minutes and looked straight at Aunt Ye Eun. "IーIー" I hitched, clutching my chest as I gritted my teeth.

"It wasn't your fault, Bloom." Aunt Ye Eun said, her eyes were brimming with tears. "Andーand besides," she said before hugging me. "You've done everything you can." Her voice sounded so comfortable and secure. If mom was alive then she would've done the exact same thing, said the exact same words.