Chapter 5

AN: I'm back with a filler heading your way. Sorry if it's boring. xx

-----

Chapter 5 - Lazy Saturdays and Unknown Numbers

I woke up on Saturday feeling thankful that I had the weekend off, for once in over a month I didn't have any work to catch up on and that felt like heaven. Not having to get up at six in the morning, not having to hear the annoying tone of the alarmclock, not having to hear my boss nagging voice in my head all day while I stressed through piles of paperwork.

I got out of bed seemingly early for a weekend though, or at least compared to James who I knew wouldn't leave his room until some time after lunch. The clock was about nine in the morning when I made myself a cup of vanilla chai tea and sat down on the couch while surfing on internet using my laptop.

When I had made my way through social media and stuff, I settled on some internet shopping. I didn't have that many social media accounts, just the basic ones, so it didn't really take that long. I never really cared a huge deal about keeping up with everyone and everything, really I was one of those 'old' people that only had social media to keep in contact with friends and other people I knew rather than stalking a celebrities every move. 

The internet shopping part took longer though, I knew I wouldn't have the energy to actually go out and buy anything so ordering stuff only suited me much better. I really needed a new pair of jeans, my old ones were washed out and ripped in many places (and let me tell you they were whole when I bought them) and even though it was kind of stylish it was close to the end of summer and I would be needing a pair of whole jeans so that parts of my legs didn't freeze to death. I've always been a cold person, in the sense that I freeze like all the damn time which meant that I needed clothes that would keep me warm especially in the fall and winter.

After about an hour of internet shopping I had ordered a pair of new jeans, a few tops and a pair of black dress pants for work. I was starting to get hungry so I made my way back to the kitchen to cook something up.

I have always liked cooking, for me it was a great stress relief and a good way to make time pass faster, often I just didn't have the time to do so. Today one the other hand I had the time, really I had too much time on my hands, something I wasn't used to, so I decided to make some chicken parmesan. 

I grabbed my phone and opened spotify, putting my playlist on shuffle so I could enjoy some music while cooking. 'Cause even though I love cooking it's so much better when listening to music or watching a tv-show on your computer. I like multitasking, I feel like you just get so much more done in lesser time. It helps with stress when you can get several things done at the same time.

I took out some chicken breasts from the freezer and placed it on a plate to defrost in the microwave. Then I gathered the rest of the ingredients from the fridge and hummed along to 'Certain Things'. I pulled out a pan from one of the cupboards and took out the chicken from the microwave when it was heated enough. I continued by placing the chicken on a cutting board and then placing some plasticfolié over it before pounding it out.

I shut my eyes closed as the loud noise spread through the kitchen, praying that James wouldn't wake up from the noise and that if he would, that his hangover wouldn't be so bad that he would be making up plans to kill me. Why did I choose to cook something so loud?

I breathed out when I finally finished the chicken, quickly sticking my head out in the hallway and listening intently. I didn't hear any noise coming from James room so I relaxed and went back to cooking. I whipped up some eggs and fixed the rest for the breading of the chicken.