Ch. 7

Chapter 7.

It's another Monday again already and I haven't gone to work or done anything remotely productive lately. I've had some small conversations with Aydane over my days of recovery but mainly just him asking me how I'm feeling every day and me telling him I'm fine and him not believing me. I ended up just stopping talking to him at points because I didn't want to open up to him. I've kind of been avoiding everyone else more that usual, but they all assume it's because of the stitches and healing process, but that's only a fraction of the reason. I just don't know what I'm feeling. It's stressful. I just sit and loath about how my life could be so much better if I did something about it and dealt with my problems and overcame past struggles, but life isn't that easy. However, with all of this I have maintained to keep up with my daily hour or so exercise, although I am stuck to slow walking until this scar heals. Stupid injuries. Always getting in the way.

I lay in bed not wanting to do anything today. I'm supposed to go back to work at the end of the week depending on how much my back has healed, but I think I'll be okay. My body stays put as I start to read The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green. Yes cliché I know, but I enjoy his books. Augustus Waters enters and the scenes in my mind play out; Isaac throwing a fit and breaking trophies, the Dutch picnic, the 'Okay? Okay.' romance, everything. Half of the book is left when someone decides to call me. The struggle to get out of the warmth of my bed to answer my phone across the room is more than I need at the moment. The caller ID reads "Stalker" and I laugh to myself and answer the phone.

Hello Stalker

I'm just going to have to accept that's my name now aren't I?

You brought it upon yourself. So what's up?

Are you busy at the moment?

Well I was reading thi-

Great get dressed and come over here I need to show you something really cool

You know I really was liking this book. And how do you know I'm not dressed?!

I have my ways.

Creep. Are you going to feed me?

Yes of course now come on!

Okay jeez hold on I'm coming you sound like a little kid.

Hurry up hurry up hurry up okay bye

He hung up on me before I even got the chance to make a witty remark. I put some sweatpants on and a Panic At The Disco tank top on before going downstairs with phone in hand. I told Celia I was visiting the neighbors and put some flip flops on. My feet carried me as fast as possible up to Aydane's front door. Before I even brought my hand up to knock on the door he opened it and dragged me inside, wasting no time to show me whatever was so important. He brought me up the stairs and right into his bedroom, then over to his walk-in closet.

"I was putting clothes away earlier and noticed there was a small metal doorknob back here. It's locked though, needs a key." He told me this all while pushing back his clothes to reveal in fact a small, metal, engraved doorknob. "I wonder where it goes to" he said with excitement in his eyes.

"Don't know but Mrs. Sepal was full of secrets and enjoyed hidden things so I wouldn't be surprised if it lead to a room filled with dead bodies." I implied with a cheeky grin. He gave me a distorted look.

"As cool as that would be, lets hope your wrong just for the fact of rats that could get in for that."

"What're you, scared?"

"Terrified. Absolutely petrified of rats" he told me with a straight face.

"Poor you."

"Do you want food?" he asks. I nod my head 'yes', and we venture into the kitchen. He gets out the contents for preparing a BLT and I almost have the urge to tell him I'm a vegetarian just to see his reaction, but I resisted such urge because I have no need to lie to him. I sat on the counter top and watched him as he made BLT's for the two of us. He had started humming when he was getting the food out of the fridge, but I didn't recognize the song. I sat and listened to him a while before asking him what he was humming.