Principles

James
"Why are you dance?"

Why am I dance? I dance because it makes me happy.
Because I like to feel every muscle in my body moves in coordination with the others.
Because it's make me feel alive.
Because when I hear music in the the background is the first thing I want to do.
It makes me feel special and loved when I succeed to do the best I can.
Because it's me.

But unfortunately,that's not what they want to hear.

"I dance to win" that's what I tell them and I can see the face of one of the judges are satisfied for a second and then back to a poker face.

I'm trying to get into the most competitive and successful dance academy in the world.
Despite their different from my principles in high levels, I still want to get in.thats my dream and any stupid principle cannot stop me from get it.

"What song did you choose?" The blond girl who sitting in the edge of the judges table asked him, it must be the best student in the echelon who just finished his first year in the academy,the story going like it: each year the teachers choose the best student and give him a chance to examine in the sorts.

I know it because she's the only one of all the judges who struggle to keep on the emotionless facial expression and I guess I have a problem because she doesn't seem particularly impressed.

"Impossible, of James Arthur" I keep on a straight face and looked to the judges in the eyes.

"Why?" She asks me and I can see in her eyes that she hopes I will answer the correct answer.

"It was the first song I danced to him and right away I know I could do even the impossible, besides I like to hope that I can do anything, to win every challenge that come on my way, and this academy is my biggest challenge"

They tell me to start dance and I'm bringing all my soul into every single movement and I think I killed it.
When I conclude they requested from me to wait outside and I get results today,so I'm taking my bag and go out there waiting for the answer who can change my entire life.

I was sitting outside for two hours, totally nervous when the same girl from earlier calls my name.

I went to the stage strict measures while they gaze at me not disclose even a small detail.
I get to the middle of the stage when one of them calls "Riley,can you please tell Mr.Miller his results?" Riley that's her name.

She glance at me and then smile to the judge when she says "of course, so James," she turns back to me "we are very impressed with your abilities and you shown outstanding talent" she stops and rub the dramatic moment, "welcome to our Academy" her smile widens, the most beautiful smile I even seen. James stop! she's older then you and you cant you just cant to fall for her.

-------------------

First in September that year

still James

I'm standing at the entrance to the Hugh academy, ready for my big chance.

Half a year has passed since I met this Riley and i still having trouble to get her out of my head.
Her smile was unforgettable.

They greet me and I settled into my room with my best friends who received with me to here and I really cherish about it. Maybe I won't admit it but it is so much fun having people like them on my side.

When I enter the room they already there sorted their beds.

"Ready for the first class?" West ask me as he take his small bag and put there shoes.

"How first class?" I ask him nervously "I just arrived!"

"To be honest I expected it to be Eldon that late but anyway we be in the studio of the second year" he tells me and only one thing pop in my head.Riley.

"Thanks dude" Eldon slap to the back of west head and we all burst in laugh.

We hear on the speakers request from the first and second year to come to the studio and we're going out of the room.

We are almost on the studio when I remember that I never change my blundstone(?) to my dance shoes.
"Guys I forget my shoes I'm right back" I tell them and start running back to the room.

I run into someone and I'm found myself on the ground from the impact,and you don't believe who I run into.

--------------

riley•

"I'm so sorry" I tell to the boy I run into from my nerves,the first day is always stressful.

"No it's my fault Riley" when he says my name I completely off the floor,and he must have noticed the strange face I did and he add "you were at my audition" he smile at me and giving his hand and I give him mine and we shake our hands as he introduces him self  "James" - "oh"it's all I can say as I help him get off from the ground.
He is the boy I run his audition, he impressed me a lot but theres one thing I didn't like in him - his attitude 'I came to win' what the hell is that supposed to mean? I kinda hops he different, there was something different in his eyes then the others I really can't believe I didn't remember him because now I remember very good every detail.

I can blame him though, it is the same lie that I told in my audition,I know the principles of this place and 'came to dance for fun' not going good for them nor the truth not Come at all,it's a big No.

"Did you meant what you said in you're test?" I ask him Directly,not even expecting to the truth.

"No" he respond and shrugged before he continues "I dance because it's makes me feel alive, win is the lest thing I care about when it's came to dance," he trust me and it's nice to know that he does without knowing me.

"Are you coming to the class?" I ask him wanting him to say so I can hang out with him a little more.

"I actually forget about my shoes" he chuckles and I giggle.

"We both already late, I will come with you"

------------------

That's it guys.
Hope you enjoy!
Xo-tom💫