Part Seven - The Hallway

The day after, Jughead walked in school with a face that could have scared a zombie. Deep dark circles under his eyes, his beanie thrown on top of his greasy hair, his eyes blood-injected, Jughead hadn't slept all night and was nursing a horrible attitude solely dedicated to Archie and Kevin. His best friends had given him the worse advises and ruined his date. His only chance to ever have something with the woman of his dreams!

His remorse had kept him awake all night. He kept replaying the evening in his head until it was all a blur and he couldn't remember what happened when.

"So, how was it?"

Jughead jumped, actually groaning at the smiling Archie. His best friend's smile faded away.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks, I didn't know that."

"Was it that bad?"

"Worse."

"Ouch."

Jughead punched Archie on the elbow. He actually hurt his hand a little on his overly muscled best friend, but he would never let it show. And it felt good.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"It was your terrible advises that ruined my date!"

"What?"

"Your 'pep talk'! I kept trying to remember what you said and I did everything wrong!"

"What happened?"

"I'm not reliving it for your amusement. Let's just say it was bad."

"Do you think you have another chance with your lady?"

Jughead watched Betty enter the school from afar. She was hanging from Veronica's arm and both of them had marble traits. But Jughead had seen Betty cry enough times to know she had been – a lot.

'And it's all your fault, dumbass!'

"No. It's done."