Over and Over

"Rina? RINA? Hellooooooo. RINA LEE?" My best friend Ali was calling my attention on the other end of the skype call.  I smiled at the last few words she said.  She knows that hearing my first name with my boyfriend's last name melted my heart til it was nothing but mush.   This time though she could tell that I was not okay.  My smile was not the usual happy-and-in-love Rina smile.  This smile said 'I'm trying to fake it til I make it.'

"Reens, what's wrong?" she asked, concern and worry written all over her face.

"Nothing, Ali. What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine.", I lied.

"Don't give me that bull, Reens. I've known you for years.  You cannot lie to me. What's wrong?"

At that moment, I burst into tears on my bed.  I was so broken and I had no one to open up to since Ali was away and my boyfriend was on tour.  Away on tour - with thousands of girls tossing themselves at him and I had nothing to do with it.  I had accepted that fact already but recently Jihoon had just been really distant.  We barely talked and if ever we did he was always tired and wanted to go to sleep or he was always too busy.  Jihoon was in a Korean idol group called Seventeen and they were in the UK, currently touring to promote their latest album. 

"Ali..." I sobbed, still trying to recover from the hiccups from crying so hard.

"Take your time, Rina, I'm just here."

Her words encouraged another wave of sobs and hiccups.  She knew when I needed her and that's why I loved her so much.