Chapter 3

We all piled into Tony's car, telling him we would take good care of it. It was only about three minutes into the car ride before Laina brought up our earlier conversation topic.

"So tell us about Adam, Ambel."

"Well..." I started, "he was such a gentleman it shocked me sometimes. Always held the door for me, pushed in my chair for me, complimented me on my looks. He was beyond sweet, and he was witty too. And that accent just made him just that much better." I drifted in a daze just thinking about it. He had blonde hair, dyed blue at the tips. He had the warmest blue eyes, it was like looking into the clearest part of the ocean. My favorite thing was getting lost in those eyes.

"Well tell us more Ambel," Katie said, getting impatient.

"We met at a bookstore. You won't believe me but it was like in a movie or something. We went reaching for the same book, and our hands touched. He bought the book and told me he would like to read it with me. And so we would meet and the park and take turns reading each chapter. Another really cinematic thing was that the book was a romance. Just before we got to the end of the book he told me his feelings and then we started dating I guess." After I finished Laina and Katie both squealed in sink.

"Well if you're done fangirling back there we're here," Jaclyn said, pulling into a parking space near the front.

The first place we went to of course was Starbucks. Me getting tea and everyone getting what they've memorized since middle school.

Then we looked through stores, not really interested until we got to a store full of dresses for prom, homecoming, weddings, things like that.

"You guys remember prom?" Jaclyn said walking into that store.

"Didn't Ambel go with Jax, the bad boy of 12th grade," Laina said looking back.

"Yeah, she was having a rebellious phase against her father so she went to it with a bad boy. Turns our she actually kinda liked him, but he moved the day after graduation," Katie added.

I sighed remembering him. Dark brown colored hair, and the grassiest green eyes. Wearing a leather jacket no matter what the weather was. I didn't really date after that. Either from being too busy saving up the rest of the money for college with the scholarship or just not really wanting to be disappointed again. Even though I know what I was getting into dating Adam. He didn't know where his transfer program would take him, and he was only visiting his mother in California for the summer.

"How about this one?" Laina asked, holding up a blue dress that went down in small waves to her knees.

"I think you would look great in it," Katie smiled at her, giving her a kiss.

"Well I guess I gotta try it on now," Laina laughed as she disappeared into the closest dressing room.

"Now for the rest of us," Katie said, going into an aisle of black themed dresses. Jaclyn and I looked around for a bit, ending up in a section of simple dresses to wear to a wedding,

"This one would be perfect for you," I heard Jaclyn say behind me. I spun around to see her holding a knee high red dress with loose straps that fell to the bottom of the shoulders, a wavy texture to the skirt, the sleeves were placed and see-through patterned with roses.

"I'll go try it on, make sure to pick out one for yourself." And then I went to find the dressing room. After slipping on the dress, I did a spin in the mirror. I smiled looking at how it fit me. Jaclyn was right, it was perfect for me. I took a picture and then quickly changed back into my jeans and tank top. Tying my converse as fast as I could. I then looked around for everyone else to see if they were done looking around.