chapter 17

Next day at night ishita was sitting in the flight thinking about the day that was filled with roller coster events she had never expected someone to suddenly show up and almost ruin everything for her

Earlier that day...

The next morning was one of the biggest days for ishita. She had to speak infront of thousands of people putting forward her opinion on the latest technological developments in dental field.

Her nervousness was clearly visible on her face which was not unseen by raman.

"ishita what happened?"

"raman I don't know I don't think ill be able to speak. There are soo many people in the conference and some of them are eminent known scholars and I need to go on to the stage and speak infront of them"

"ishita don't worry I know ki tum bahut nervous ho but still mai tumpe pura bharosa rakta hu. Mai janta hu ki tumhare andar wo potential hai jo unn scholars mai hai aur ek daat nervous hona acchi baat hoti hai yahi nervousness tumhe ek accha speaker banaigi"

"par raman"

"par var kuch nahi abhi chup chap breakfast khao phir conference jaldi se khatam karte hai uske baad tumhare liye surprise hai"

"kya surprise?" with all of a sudden excitement in her

"wo tho tumhe baad mai pata chalega abhi chalo jaldi karo"

"okay"

All of this was being watched by someone who couldn't stand what was going on he knew what he was supposed to do

They completed their breakfast and entered the conference. Ishita was called backstage because she was supposed to speak and raman was escorted to his seat which was in the middle. It was perfect spot because as soon as ishita enters she would see him he knew that him being there was important as she was dead nervous.

Backstage

Ishita had sometime before she speaks so she was going over her speech when she heard a knock on her cabin

"come in the door is open"

She didn't look up until she heard his voice she knew who's voice it was. It sent shivers down her spine because she hadn't confronted him ever since she left delhi.

"ishita"

"tum yaha kya kar rhe ho"

"jo tumhe yaha karne ke liye bulaya gaya tha par kuch aisa hua ki mai nahi kar pa raha hu"

"ye kya bol rahi ho tum?"

"conference mai thodi si gadbad ho gai thi tho unhe time kam karna pada conference ka tho unhone tumhara naam hata diya tha par pata nahi kya hua unhone tumhare naam ke badle mera naam nikal diya ye kehke ki mera experience kafi nahi hai jabki tumhe bhi pata hai ki tumhare paas itni experience hai hi nahi ki tum yaha baat karo. Tum ye opportunity deserve nahi karti ho. Tumne mera moka chena hai mai tumne kabhi maaf nai karunga."

"subbu ye tum kyaa"

Before she could complete her sentence subbu stormed off the room and ishita fell back on her chair all she could think of was that she didn't deserve this opportunity. The confidence she had 10 mins ago became zero she didn't want to talk anymore. She wanted to withdraw her name from the list and put back subbu's name but it was too late her name was already called out to speak. She walked onto the stage totally nervous the first glimpse she caught in the audience was subbu's who sat right infront and was giving her death glares but the second glimpse she caught was raman's who was smiling and gave her an encouragement nod she knew if she didn't want to do it for herself she had to do it for raman. So she closed her eyes for a few seconds opened it and started giving her speech. She got standing ovation for her speech but in all this she wanted to see only one persons face that is Raman. The happiness on his face was more than enough for her. She got off the stage and everyone congratulated her for her brilliant speech. as soon as she saw raman she ran to him and hugged him very hard.

"ishita I am proud of you. Tumhara speech bahut hi accha hai"

"raman I love you"

"kyu"

"matlab"

"matlab ki achanak se kyu keh rahi ho"

"wo mai tumhe baad mai bataungi abhi tum yaha se chalo"

"par ishita abhi conference khatam thodi hui hai"

"raman ab mujhe yaha nahi rahna chalo naa please"

"accha thik hai chalo"

Both of them left. They sat at a beautifull restaurant.

"raman mujhe aapse kuch puch na tha"

"ha pucho"

"raman aaj subbu mere green room mai aaya tha"

"kya kyu kab tumne mujhe pehle kyu nahi bataya mai usse dekh leta"

"raman sunno na"

"ha bolo"

"tho subbu aaya tha ussne mujhse kaha ki officials ne mera naam nikaal diya tha lists se kuch reason ki wajah se, phir kuch aur hua aur mere naam wapas aagaya par ye baat mai nahi hai wo mujhe ye keh raha tha ki mai iss opportunity ke hakdaar nahi hu maine uski jagah li hai mai aur"

Before ishita could complete whatever she was saying raman stopped her

"ishita shh.. chup bas chup ab meri baat suno aur jab tak main a bolo tab tak kuch mat bolna thik?"

She confirmed her yes with a nod

"dekho ishu authorities se thodi galati ho gae thi jiski wajah se unn logo ko teen logo ke naam nikalne the jisme se tumhara bhi naam tha. ye mujhe tab pata chala jab tumhe backstage le jaya gaya tha tabhi mai authorities ke paas gaya aur unse baat ki. jab unhone meri baat nahi mani tab maine papa ko phone kiya bas unhone hi ye sab kiya hai. Mujhe sach mai nahi pata tha ki tumhari jagah subbu ko nikala gaya tha aur jaha tak ye baat ki tum iss chance ko deserve nahi karti, agar tum iss chance ko deserve nahi karti tho mere papa kabhi bhi tumhare liye ye sab nahi karte.aur ek baat tumme puri capability hai, aur uska sabut aaj ka tumhara speech tha jaha tumhe standing ovation mila"

"thank you raman"

"thank you kyu?"

"tumne mere liye itna sab kuch kiya"

"ofcourse ab tho tum meri ho"

This made ishita blush really hard. She liked that she was raman's now she couldn't wait to go home and share this with her sis.

"accha raman mere liye ek surprise tha na kya hai wo"

"arre ha mai tho bhul hi gaya. ye lo tumhare liye"

he handed her a small box. which the symbol of being human

"being human raman"

"kholo tho sahi yaar pehle se hi kyu judge kar rake ho"

"judge nahi kar rahi bas puch rahi hu"

she opened the box to find a beautiful ring. copper in color had a half heart just beautiful.

"raman this is beautiful!"

"I know maine dekte hai pasand kiya tha"

"i love you raman"

"love you too ishita"

They had a really good lunch and then they retired to their respective rooms soo that they can pack their bags. They had their flight back home that night.

present

she didn't know when she slept. the air hostess came and spread a blanket on both of them.