Chapter 3 - His Birthday

I drove to Denis's house with the stuff I got him. I didn't need to do much, just needed to set stuff up and wait till he got home. I got to his house and grabbed the spare key in my bag and got out of my car.

I unlocked the door quickly and ran in with the bags in my hand. I put them on the table and pulled the cake out. Luckily I didn't ruin it, I took out the plastic cover and the frosting was running. I cleaned it up a little bit then pulled out some candles. I got the numbers 1 and 2. I forgot to buy a lighter so I tried looking for one in his house, I kept opening drawers and cupboards until I found a lighter. I smiled and brought it to the counter, I wasn't going to use it yet though. I got the candles and carefully put them into the cake to form a 21.

I then pulled the card out of the bag and grabbed a black pen. I shook the pen and started writing a message to him. I wanted to be meaningful, I wanted him to know that I cared. I really did care about him, and I was excited for him to see this. After about 10 minutes I blowed on the the ink and closed the card and put it by the cake.

Last thing in the bag was the movie. I wrapped in newspaper and put it by the card, newspaper was kind of crappy but it's all I had. I was finished I was satisfied, it wasn't much but hope that he was happy. I sat on his couch and fiddled with my phone.

Denis POV:

Work was finally over and got up and ran out of my office building. I couldn't wait to get home and flop on my couch. I checked my phone, still no birthday wishes or messages. Not even any from Braden. I sighed and got in my car. It was fine, its not like it mattered.

When I got home I quickly got out of my car and walked to the door. I got my key and unlocked the door, I walked in my hallway slowly while scratching my eyes then I heard a voice, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I snapped out of it and Braden was in my living room. I was surprised and I just stood there. He ran to me and jumped in my arms. I felt so happy.

(I'm sorry that it took so long to update! I lost my motivation for this ship for like a week and it sucked. I felt like the ship was dying, but now I'm fine. I still have a little bit of hope for this ship 😂)