Chapter 4 - Warm

Corl's POV:

I squeezed Denis's hand and brought him to the kitchen. I let go and stood in front of the counter. I put my arms out and said, "Ta-da!" and smiled widely. Denis just stood there in disbelief. I walked towards him with a cheesy smile, "I know it's not much but I hope you're happy." He smiled at me and put his arm around me. "God I love you." He said. My face got red, even though Denis meant it in a friendly way. I laughed softly and he walked over to the counter. "Wow." he said. I smiled, "Yeah, also sorry for the crappy wrapping paper." He chuckled and picked up the present. He looked up at me and gave me the "Can I?" look. I nodded and smiled wide. He ripped the wrapping paper and looked at me. I smiled awkwardly and scratched the back my neck, "Do you like it?" He chuckled, "I love it. So glad I have this amazing movie finally." I felt so happy that he was happy.

"I'm sure you're just excited about Ryan Gosling." I said following him to the living room. He laughed and turned around, "Yes I love him, but this movie reminds me of Amsterdam, we had such an amazing time there." I felt butterflies in my stomach, "Yeah, I had a lot of fun watching that with you." He smiled at me while pulling off the plastic the case was in. He opened the case and grabbed the DVD. "I haven't used the DVD player in a while." He said. "Yeah, Netflix kind of took over the world." Denis giggled and continued to put the DVD in the player. "You wanna watch it now right?" He said. I nodded, "Of course." He turned on the TV and pressed play. I just stood there, not knowing what to do for some reason. Denis sat on the couch and patted the seat next to him as a gesture for me to sit down. I sat down and smiled. "Oh! I almost forgot!" I said running to the kitchen counter. I grabbed the card I bought him and gave it to him. He clutched it and smiled. "Thanks." I nodded and looked at him. He opened the card and read it as the movie was playing. I could see the emotions in his face as he was reading it, he was happy. He finished reading and put his arms around me. My cheeks were getting red. "You're the best Braden." I gave him a crooked smile and shrugged, "No really, you are." "Thanks." I said. "No, thank you." He said. He continued watching the movie, so did I.

The movie was half way done and I was really enjoying it. Had to be one of my favorite movies, Denis was really enjoying it too. I was enjoying my time with him, but I still felt those butterflies in my stomach every time he looked at me. Or smiled at me, or talked to me. It was no secret that I liked him, but did he like me? I felt so nervous and anxious while sitting with him, he had his arm around me which made it worse. I felt like I was going to explode.

He looked at me, "You okay?" I slightly nodded. "You don't look okay." I was blushing like crazy, I finally looked at him. "Denis" I said. "Yeah?" "Denis, kiss me." I blurted out. "W-what?" "Kiss me." I said again. He was frozen, staring at me. I got closer to his face and kissed him. I didn't know what I was doing, I wasn't even thinking straight. But I kept kissing him and he didn't back away. I backed away and looked at him. He was looking at me with his mouth open. Tears filled my eyes, "I'm sorry." I said. I got off the couch and softly said, "I'm sorry." I ran to the door and grabbed my coat. I opened the front door, but then I felt a grip on my arm. Denis turned me around and forced me to look at him. His hands were on my cheeks and my face was all blotchy and red. We were both silent for a few seconds, then he started crying. He started sniffling and I felt the wet tears come down my face. He pulled me closer to him and he kissed me. I kissed him back and then we both hugged. I buried my face into his chest and cried. I felt so warm. He softly said, "I love you." I cried harder and yelled, "I love you too!" We both stood there in silence crying. After a few minutes had passed, he pulled away. "Wanna finish the movie?" He said while quivering, his face was all blotchy and wet from crying for so long. I figured mine was too. I nodded and smiled while wiping a tear from my face. He grabbed my hand and brought me to the couch. It was so perfect, but also messy. I loved that, and I loved him.

(I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS CHAPTER, I GOT HIT BY THE FEEL TRAIN. Anyways, thank you for reading this book, it was short but I still hope you enjoyed. I have another fanfiction idea in mind for the future. <3)