6 : Trechary of Love

It's been almost a month and a half or so since Sheetal and Aarav have been living with us. Yeah, seeing them... I don't think they're being treated like guests anymore. They're more like family for Nani and Di.

Things looks good than before. I started warming up towards them both. Not literally, but I just stopped ignoring them rather than greeting if Sheetal or for that matter Aarav comes in the way. It's not like I'm a very social person who would go and talk to people for the sake of it. Not even with Di or Khushi do I do that.

The only thing that is still remaining a bit weird is Khushi. True that Khushi is always a bit weird but not like this. It's like she's withdrawing from me. I, I can't really explain that in a set of correct words. It's been like days I have seen her chirpy and bubbly. It's like she became aged in some days.

No, no. She isn't sick or something. I had my doubts at that too. But a bunch of promises from Khushi that she is fine and a regular check-up's report thoroughly read by me for ten times proved my suspicions wrong. But still, I have my doubts. Don't ask me why?

I tried to get her back to normal. Took her on long drives, to restaurants, given her surprises and candle light dinner on our terrace, every damn thing I can think of. But I failed. It's not like she didn't enjoy. She did, she very well did. But unlike the Khushi I know who would be in that light of surprise for days, I've seen her being only happy at that time when we're alone. Even then seeing her being normal is a relief, but knowing that it's just for a time being is not really sitting well with me.

I wonder why no one noticed Khushi's dullness. Is my family really that oblivious?

I even tried cajoling her to tell me the reason for her absentmindedness and cheerlessness. But she remained tight lipped regarding the matter. And now it has started frustrating me too.

Well, my last resort is to take her on a trip. Only us both. So from a week now, I've started working extra time to get myself at the least a two weeks of free time. I know Khushi must be wondering about my long working hours but for now, I maintained it to be a secret. Oh, I'm so expecting her to be thrilled when I'll announce this.

Our very much needed honeymoon.

~

"Khushi, where is my hanky?" I shouted with my eyes and hands busy rummaging through my shelf to find it. As like every day I got all my things ready on the bed by the time I'm out of the wash, but looks like Khushi forgot to place the hanky among them.

Oh yeah! This has been one of those symptoms which had me on my toes, worrying if Khushi really started getting sick.

You know like, Alzimers?

I know that's pretty over board of me, but I really can't take any chance regarding Khushi. I have taken the promise of togetherness for seven lives from her. I'm not going to let her easy before that. No way.

"First drawer in the right," came her voice from the wash.

"Oookayy..." I drawled more to myself as my hands in this rummage caught hold of a cover.

Seeing Khushi's name I would have kept it back. But the bold letters 'CITY HOSPITAL' gripped my attention and even before I could debate on whether to open it or not, I found myself ripping open the still closed cover. Well, even then I wouldn't have kept it aside without seeing because you remember? I still had my doubts regarding Khushi's health.

If I was surprised seeing my name on it but I definitely wasn't prepared for content I saw on the report inside. The title of the report held something that I never thought I would see. I don't have to read the entire report and I didn't too. The title is enough for me.