Epilogue

Two years later:

Knock... Knock...

"Who is it?"

"Arnav Bhaiyya, Nani-ji is calling everyone downstairs. Anjali Didi is on the line." HP voiced out from the other side of the door. I frowned moving away from Khushi who sat cuddled in my arms.

"We'll come down, HP." Ordering him I turned around my confused eyes towards Khushi. "Why couldn't Di call me on the phone now?" I wondered aloud to no one in particular. Not strange but became a rare case that Di calls and talks with everyone.

"Arnav-ji, Di must be busy with the works and thought to talk to all of us at a time, maybe?" Khushi provided trying to sooth my worry. "Why don't we just go down and see what's the matter, hmm?" Giving a reluctant nod I stood up before lifting Khushi in my arms.

"Arnav-ji, what are you doing?" Khushi shrieked as her hands rose to clutch my collars in desperation, as if they are her life saviour. Indeed, I mused. "Let me down! I can walk just fine,"

"I know how fine you can walk, you clumsy queen. Stop protesting now!" I twitched in irritation noticing her wiggling to be set free.

"Arnav-ji, everyone will see us. Put me down, pleaseee." Her plead with a cute pout made me relent a little. Just a little though, not more.

"What if everyone sees us? I'm just carrying my wife who's carrying our child." I replied as a matter of fact making my way to the still locked door of our room.

"Arnav-ji, let me down," this time it wasn't a please, but the impending threat was clear from her voice. "...and if you don't do that, then... then..." I was just beginning to smirk when the bomb was dropped. "I'll make you sleep on the couch until the baby pops out of my tummy."

"What the!" is my poor reaction to her threat. But looks like she is willing to take anything with alacrity for the work of letting her walk. "Alright. But if I see you even fumble a step, toh tumhari dhamki ki koi kehr nehi." (But if I see you even fumble a step, then there is no minding of your threat)

"Okay, Laad Governor." She mumbled as I slowly made her stand on her feet.

~

"Chotte, come fast. Anjali bitiya is on the line." Nani urged us handling the phone carefully.

"Di, how are you?"

"I'm fine Chotte. Ah uh, before you ask, I'll tell you myself." I literally swallowed back the question on the tip of my tongue and listened to her. "Today night I'm not going to be free. I have to attend a birthday party of my friend's kid. And also she invited our group for a girl's night out so I wouldn't be able to talk to you in the night like I always do. And I'm just getting off the work to grab a quick lunch. So thought to talk to you all before I find myself in a situation unable to call you." She finished saying it all in a single breathe and at typical times like this I marvel on the way Khushi had rubbed off on Di. Well, not that Di has been any timid before.

"Alright. Good that you informed me." I replied mock sternly. "Khushi, leave my hand. Let me talk to Di." I tried moving her hands, that were almost pulling at my arms, ready to take away the phone from my ears.

"Hume baat karni hain Di se," (I want to talk to Di)

"You can talk, Khushi. But first let me complete talking. I'll give you the phone," I replied patiently as I kept the phone back to my ear only to hear from her again.