10 : Final Relevation

"Aarav?" I knocked on the door after looking that Sheetal wasn't accompanying him in the room. I moved inside to see his surprised and afraid stance relax as he pulled his hand from behind holding the photograph which I was sure was the one he showed me the day before.

"You love your father, don't you?" I asked almost without any probing or thought. I moved my gaze from the photograph in his hand to his face only to notice his crestfallen face.

"I love him so much." He sighed and I didn't miss the obvious that he's being more open now than before. Don't know why that lady even wants to play a game with this kid as the pawn. "And I miss him too..."

I went sat beside him as I took the picture from his hands and examined it. It looked like a picture perfect family, they looked good, almost happy. He would've believed them to be innocent happy parents of a cute kid if I haven't known the true faces of them. Of both the parents.

"What did you come here for?" Aarav's question brought me back. I smiled at the seriousness on his face. Sometimes though, he doesn't behave like a kid of his age at all.

"I need a favour from you. Yes, from you." I confirmed as he pointed at himself with wide eyes. "So there's going to be happening something in the evening?"

"Something? What's the something?" he wrinkled his nose pondering on the words confused.

"You'll know that in the evening. And when you are there, don't talk a word alright? Even when you want to contradict anything that I say? Don't talk anything, okay? Will you be able to do that?"

"I can definitely do that." He agreed with a meek nod his eyes revealing his anxiety to speak up something.

"What is it, Aarav?"

"What do I get in return?"

"Anything you want?"

"Anything?" I confirmed with a nod. "Can you get me back my dad?" his sincere words stunned me for a second. No, I definitely was not expecting that. I speculate with my answer. But I know the kid deserved nothing but the truth. Even if the truth is bitter.

"I can get your Dad for you," I reasoned and silenced when I noticed that he was about to squeal in his joy. One, I don't want anyone to know that I'm here. Two, I'm not done talking yet. "But... that'd only be for some time. I really can't get him for you, for forever now." How can I tell a kid that his dad is just his dad but a murderer of another innocent soul and a cheater too? How can one person be this good to one while being an as*h**e to another?

His face drooped visibly, but he should know that's the least I could do. I know, somewhere in that guilty corner, that I'm rising the boy's hopes up. But then, what else can I do? After a reluctant approval from him, I left the room as slyly as I came in.

And as through all the revelation, Aarav kept his word. I know he understood what little he can. It's obvious from his rounded eyes that showed apprehension, shock and surprise with every word I spoke. But he kept his promise.

"Cat got your tongue?" I smirked seeing Sheetal's stunned expression. Sure she was not expecting her game to an end this soon.

"Sh... Shyam?"

"Chotte, what's happening here?" Di's strangled voice made me look up at her. I tried conveying my apology for making her stand in this situation. But there was no other way than to do this. May I could've done this without his presence, then the promise to the kid comes in the way.