6.Promise Me

~Andy~

“Andrew.”

Crap!

“Wake up, you guys are going to be late!” My mother chimed. You guys? I lift off my bed and forgot that CC and Jake bother spend the night over again. They’re over here most of the time, it’s like we’re family. I got on my feet and purposely kick CC and Jake in their stomach. With CC you had to basically shoot a bullet up his ass to get him up.

Jake finally got on his feet. Days like this we’re careless about hygiene. We threw on anything and put on our make up sloppily. The pass week, I’ve been waving at that Ashley kid for a while. I’m terrified to actually front him. I don’t know what it is. Jake lean down in C’s ear.

“Early Thanksgiving dinner downstairs!” CC got up fast.

“Where?!” Jake and I laugh. We all know how Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday. He likes turkey and stuffing a lot. My mom makes the best. Every year we would skip house to house on Thanksgiving week. First it’s Mrs. Mora, then Mrs.Pitts, and then my house. Three of us knows that my mom cooking is the best. We ran down the flight of steps to get to the kitchen. Mom made pancakes.

“Alright guys may the best man win.” We do this every morning when they’re over. She held the plateful of pancakes up, before setting them on the table, she count down.

“3-2-1” I grab two, CC got four, and Jake got three. I’ve lost! CC gave me an evil grin. CC and I made a deal the last time we did this.

If I win next time, I want a kiss from you.

To mount up to this, he clearly was not joking. CC fronted me. He’s a almost my height. I blushed.

“Right now? I mean my mom…”

“A deal is a deal Andy.”

“Mom! That’s not helping!” For got my mom was there when we made this deal. Ugh! Fine.

“Alright but make it fammmmfff-!!” He cut me off with his lips hooking on mine. He’s a good kisses if you ask me. Jake cleared his throat. as my mom giggled. He disconnected his lips and smiled.

“Geez Andy. It was just a simple kiss. You’re blushing like the devil.” I groan at the embarrassment. “Hey mom, what if I dated your dear son?” I punch him in the arm. He laughed. Mom swat us to get going. We carelessly grab a pancake and walk out. Most mornings aren't this energetic. You know how it’s a start of a new month, it feels like good day. Plus I’m a winter baby!

I love the weather.

I push them and began to run down the street. We played around, enjoying this morning before entering a hell hole what they call school. CC bump into me then pointed to the other side of the street. The wind blew his hood off so I could see who it was.

Ashley.

He looked horrible. Knocked down tired. He walked by himself too and not with his sister nor that Jeremy guy either.

“We should go walk with him.” I spoke. Jake shook his head no. “Happy November!” I shouted to get his attention. I seem to get it. I saw how his face change with joy when I wave at him. He wave back but lowered it.

Something wrong.

Then I realized it’s Wednesday. What is it with him and this day?

We finally arrived at the school but too early from our early. I called Danny to do me a typical week run. He knows his way around certain things. He pocketed me a pack of smokes every now and then. My mom knows about my smoking but she’s not all the at wild about it. Jake and CC’s not a smoker. I have no clue how I got into this bad habit, but it kicks some joy in me. Danny and Ben came towards us holding hands. They’re so cute. They had that relationship that made people jealous. People like me and CC. Loners. He toss me two pack. He smiled.