1. It Was A Simple Phone Call.

~Ashley~

“And when we get back home, the house better be clean.” She demanded. I suck my teeth then smiled.

“Okay Okay mom. Tiff and I will get on that.” I heard my dad talk in the background.

“Better not be having boys over!” I laugh at my dad playful voice. My mother chuckled.

“It’s not like I can pull a quick one that fast dad.” A car blared its horn.

“Alright Ashley. We have to go. Love you. Tell Tiff we love her t-” Her sentence stopped. There was this loud crashing noise. Glass shattering. The blood curling scream from my mom and dad.

“Mom!” Car horns blaring. The sound of medal bending. Tears flood my face. No! “Dad?!” Nothing. The horrible sound of medal and screams. I held the phone to my ear. Car alarms going off. The screams cease.

“MOMMY! DAD! SAY SOMETHING!” I shouted into the speaker. Nothing. The sound of sirens sound in. I held the phone for hours. I couldn’t hang up. I couldn’t. I held it tightly in my hand for hours still on line. Tiffani came home by the sound of the door closing. Minutes pass until-

“NOOO!!” She did a high pitch scream from the living room. I ran down the steps to my little sister on her knees on the new channel.

The broadcaster announce that where was a car accident on the freeway not far from us. The screen shot the incident. There was my parents's car in pieces. Then I felt the pain shoot me down on my knees when I heard the broadcaster say: A middle age couple with the last name of Purdy has died instantly from impact.

They're died. My parents. Gone. I shook violently and crawled over to my sister body. We held each other with tears. I stroke her hair. We didn’t sleep that night. Only cause the cops found our house. The voices spun in my head the pass months.

I’m sorry Mr. Purdy but you parents didn’t survive the car crash.

You’re the oldest right? Take good care of your little sister.

The crash wasn’t your fault Ashley..

You have to live with your uncle until you are fully 18.

Ashley, that’s not the best way to release pain…

Faggot.

I really really need you next to me, that’s all.

Being gay is a sin kid. Go to heaven or scribble up in hell.

I don’t give a damn about you kids.

Feed your damn selves.

Ashley.

Ash?

“Ashley!!” I jolt upward in my bed. My breathing at a fast rate. Tiffani rub my back to calm me. It’s back again isn’t it? She sigh and hug me with her small arms.

“You were screaming in your sleep Ash. Jordan almost woke up.” She whispered. I didn’t even stop myself. I broke in hard tears. I do this every morning for the pass 5 months. It’s been 5 months. My little sister hand me a box of tissues. She tear up a bit. She doesn’t like seeing me in the middle of a break down. I smiled at her and said sorry. She looks just like me…and our mother. And father. Her black-brown silk hair to the center of her back. She had brown eyes, hazel most likely. She held the age of 14. I happen to be 16 years of age. My sister climb under the blanket with me.