Chapter 25

Taehyung's POV:
Jungkook can almost leave the hospital. Tomorrow is his last day until he can go back home. Since they've extended his stay, it's been a very long wait. Everybody is really excited to see him leave.

Ever since that breakdown he had, he's been getting much better. He doesn't talk about dying anymore, not even to his counselor. They gave him different pills as well and they've been working much better for him.

He's starting to smile and laugh again. He's starting to get that spark back into his eyes. When I look at him, he's actually there and not staring off into space. He's improved a lot and I couldn't be anymore prouder of him. He's really trying to get better.

I do get nervous every once in awhile though. I'm scared that he'll all of a sudden turn back into the darkness and do something to himself. I'm afraid he'll have another breakdown and there won't be anything I can't do about it.

I'm just really nervous about him. I want him to be happy with life. I want him to love himself. He's just so amazing, and I can't wait until the day comes when he finally realizes that.

Right now, I'm on my way to the hospital since school just got let out. I finally got there and now I'm walking up to Jungkook's room.

I knock on the door and I hear a faint come in. I walk in to see Jungkook in his bed beaming a gorgeous smile at me.

"Hey beautiful!" I said excitedly.

"Hi!" He said with a cute blush.

"Here, I got us some smoothies," I said while handing Jungkook one.

"Oh, thank you," he said shyly.

"How are you today?" I asked him.

"Good, I talked to my counselor today and they've told me how much I've been improving. The doctors have also lessened my dosage a little. So, sorry if I'm a little weird today. The dosage I had before made me more mellow and calm," he explained with a cute giggle at the end.

"That's really good. That means you're getting better beautiful. I'm really proud of you," I said happily before I kissed his forehead.

"Mmh, tomorrow is my last day!" He said excitedly.

"I know, are you excited? I know I am," I said while grabbing his hand and kissing it.

"Yes, I miss my bed and my mom's cooking," he said cutely.

"You're cute." I said while rubbing his knuckle.

"Tae, stop it. You're making me blush," he whined while playfully hitting my chest.

"I can't. You're just too cute," I said while poking his cheek. He just giggled at me.

"But I'm glad you'll get to leave here soon. I miss cuddling you while you fall asleep in my arms. Having your cute snores lull me to sleep," I confessed to him. He just blushed really red and tried to hide his face with his hands. I just chuckled at him while giving him a hug.

"Hey beautiful, do you think you can help me with an assignment for one of my classes?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why me though? I haven't been in school for like a month now," he questioned me.

"I need to prepare a speech that will move people. I thought that what you've been through would be perfect and I was wondering if you could help with it? You can totally say no, I totally understand," I explained.

"Tae it's fine. I would love to help you with your speech," he said with a smile.

"Are you sure? I don't want to force you. I can totally do something else," I told him.

He grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I'm sure," he said with a smile.

"Okay, I love you," I said while looking into his eyes. I didn't mean to say that and when I realized I did, I mentally cursed myself.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I know I shouldn't be saying that right now," I exclaimed nervously.

He just giggled. "Tae it's fine, don't be sorry. I think I love you too, but it's too soon to say," he said.

"I know, I know. I don't want to force you. You're not ready yet. I'll just be more careful.  Please, I want you to take your time," I said while pulling him into a hug and kissing the top of his head.

"Thank you," he muffled out with his face in my shirt. I just smiled to myself while squeezing him tighter.

"So what do you need help with on your assignment?" He asked me while getting out of my arms.

"Ah yes. I want to make it very inspiring and believable, so I thought you could help me with describing how you felt and what you went through. Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to trigger anything," I asked him.

"Tae, I'm fine. Trust me. I can talk about it much easier now. Having the counseling everyday has helped me with that," he explained.

"Okay, I just want to make sure," I said, kissing his hand.

"I know, thank you," he said with a cute smile. I just smiled at him before kissing his cheek.

"Well, let's gets this started," I said before I got my laptop out and looked over at Jungkook. He was smiling and I didn't even realize I was staring until he said something.

"Why are you staring at me?" He questioned me shyly.

"Sorry, I just...your smile is beautiful," I said to him. He just smiled even more at me with a cute blush on his cheeks.