3 - Lost

3 DAYS LATER 

Summer Hayes.

"Sylvia, if you're not down here in twenty seconds, we're we'reg to leave without you!" I scream from down the stairs impatiently.

The day had finally arrived. Vannessa and I were standing at the door downstairs, with our suitcases and bags ready. I tapped my foot in delight against the hard marble floor of Sylvia's home which was pretty big for someone who only lives with a bunch of dogs. Maybe she's aiming to become a crazy dog lady. Madness does start from somewhere.

We needed to leave anytime now or we wouldn't be able to get there before dark. We were bound to get lost, so the last thing I needed was us wandering around an unknown city, in the dark like maniacs.

I soon see Sylvia skip down the stairs with a leather rucksack and two enormous suitcases, following her from behind. I'm sure she's gone for the fortune teller look. She's wearing baggy sweats, a red woolwoollyter and a yellow bandana holding her hair back. Yep, she's definitely a fortune teller. While I and Vannessa had gone for the common t-shirt and jeans with matching duffel coats.

"Sylvie, this isn't a fashion parade.  The only people who will see your unique sense in clothes will be the people at McDonald's if we get a chance to stop there." I explain, not even ready for what seemed like a really hectic day.

"I know, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to drive in style", she says giving us twirl, to fully appreciate her clothing.

"You're not even the one driving, I am. And I'm suddenly regretting volunteering." I mutter while picking up my bags and suitcase.

I look back up to see Vannessa ready, but Sylvia holding about four extra bags, two enormous suitcases, and a small rucksack.

"Ok Sylvia, those are all not going in the car, there won't be enough room!"

"Then where am I meant to put them? They're the summer clothes I bought online!" she yells, making this a serious issue.

"All of them!?" I question loudly.

"Yes!" She shrieks back like I'm stupid. "And in case your thinking otherwise, I'm not leaving any of them behind!"

So we all drop our bags and help sort out Sylvie's stuff into Essentials and P.C (pointless crap).

                                                                          ***     ***     ***

"Make a left turn at the next junction then continue straight ahead."

Any second now, I knew I would just lose my temper and toss this navigation device from the window.

"We were meant to take a left turn about 45 minutes ago," Sylvia whined from behind me.

I decided to take a quick break and just parked close by. We had been driving for three hours. We were lost, no one said it, but we all knew at this point.

I see my cousins hand quickly snatch the device from the dashboard, and start tapping away.

I ignore her in irritation and glimpse out the window. There's a huge forest, in the distance. The trees looked as if they're scraping the sky and the leaves of the trees dangle down, showing off their deep rich green.

It looked so tempting, that if it came to the worst we could just camp there instead. We had brought some sleeping bags which were kept in the back.

The whole idea of just turning around and living in a forest like racoons isn't  all that bad.

My traintrainhought is cut when Vannessa shakes me violently in excitement.

"What!?" I snap at her.
She looks at me briefly, ignoring my rude response.

"We're not lost!" She screams at the top of her voice. I can almost feel the blood trying to come out my ear.

"Yes we are Vannessa, you don't have to lie," I mutter in shame resting my head back.

"Why wouldn't we be lost, Summer is the one driving after all!" Sylvia snaps out bitterly.

I quickly turn around to give her a death glare but she ignores me.

"No, we aren't. You just need to turn around. And continue following Roven Street. Until you come to a sign. We've done everything else right!" She proclaims.

I slowly licked the seatbelt back in.  Vannessa jumps back into her seat looking as excited as when we left. I darest even say she was more excited than I was bringing up this idea.

I turn around to face Sylvia again who has wrapped herself in a Fluffy Flamingo blanket and is just looking out the window. She tries not to look stressed, but I'm sure she is.

I start the car again in doubt and follow Vannessa's instructions. If it didn't work, I could just drive into a pond and call it a day.

We drove up to a traffic junction with a few stores and a Starbucks. I was starting to feel hungry so I parked again in front of a convenience store.

"Guys, I'm getting hungry, do you want to get something to eat?" I said quietly, reaching into my bag to get my purse.

"Sure!" Vannessa says, already jumping out of the car to stretch her legs.

"Coming?" I whisper to Sylvie, who's reading something on her phone.

"I'm good!" She chirps. She had to be angry we've spent so much time in the car, much longer than anticipated. I was upset with the current outcome too, but if she just saw the same vision I had, she'd understand.

I skipped into the store after Vannessa. I only need a sandwich and maybe another few bottles of water.

I see Vannessa, crouched down, trying to find her favourite chips. I walk to the fridge. Seeing my drink I go to reach for it but a figure that I'm sure came out from nowhere, is in my way.

I'm certain its a man. He's a tall height, wearing a navy hoody, sweats and slippers. He must live close. I cough to catch his attention before he swiftly swoops around to me.

"Sorry I just wanted to get something," I mumble, hoping he didn't want to start a conversation, as most men I met did. I reached for my drink and smiled at him warmly.

"Yeah," he mutters back and walked out as if he suddenly had no business there. There was an awfully familiar vibe coming from him. I stare at him for a while. He makes his way out the doors and to the lights and then starts running until he's out of my sight.
Weird.

I was at 750 words when I was writing this part. Then my sister made me start again -_-. I also made up the end parts of this chapter while I was writing, as I was feeling inspired. Hope it wasn't too bad. I've made this chapter private, so you have to follow me to read it, but if you're reading this you obvs must already be following me. If you've added this to your library then just remove it, follow me, refresh your page and add it again. I hope you're enjoying it, tell me if it sucks.

Please remember to be a happy taco and vote and share. Thnx

Isi-xx