"Their baby was growing fast"

They held a great party at home celebrating Nivi's arrival. All their relatives and friends visited them and congratulated the couple.

Nivi was a new bliss of happiness for the family. Sana felt motherly and took care of Nivi all day. Everyone in the family wanted Nivi in their hands, to cuddle and pamper her.

There was a grand function at their home to name her Nivedhitha alias Nivi

There was a grand function at their home to name her Nivedhitha alias Nivi..........formally.

Happiness was the only thing that filled the home. Sana din't resume her work at the hospital, she stayed at home to take care of Nivi, and also herself.

Every evening before returning home Susou would call Sana over phone and ask her what to get for Nivi that day. She was fed up reading the whole list. However Susou used to forget one thing or the other.

Nivi's arrival brought a change of heart in Susou's dad. He was out of his shell and started to mingle with the family. He took Nivi in his hands, and often appreciated her for bringing back his happiness.

Their baby was growing fast. She even started eating semisolid foods. Their kitchen was soon stacked with CERELAC, PEDIASURE and similar stuff. Nivi developed a habit of staring at the moon while eating.

The family took part in all the chores for Nivi-- cleaning her bed, bathing her, dressing up her like a cute doll, feeding her and so on.

As all babies, Nivi used to cry for hours and it was a great deal for Susou and Sana to console her. Even Adhi's attempt wouldn't be successful.   Susou would put her on his shoulders and tap over her back, he even used to sing some melodious songs......in his soothing voice.....and make Nivi fall asleep.

M

onths passed by and it was time for Sana to resume her work. Her maternity leave was over. She felt the day new, and all her friends at the hospital were happy to see her again.

She is no more a doctor alone......a mother too. Nivi was taken to the hospital where Sana worked, for the administration of vaccines. Sana was a motherly doctor and took care of Nivi in every possible way.

It's been one year since Nivi was born. They had planned to celebrate Nivi's very first birthday.

They called up for the city's leading party organizers to decorate their home for the grandest party ever. All their relatives and friends were invited. Nivi was so beautifully dressed that she looked like a cute little angel....Of course...she was an angel...to the family.

They bought a large cake- a strawberry cake, Sana's favorite. Sana dressed up herself in a mature attire and so did Susou. The party went on very well, everyone in the family were rejoicing.

Nivi , now a year old started to speak...though not fluently. Sana felt the extreme happiness when Nivi called her MOM. And so did Susou when she called him DAD. She uttered some words of her own childish language. It was a hard task for them to understand what she said, they had to collect and connect those words and make them meaningful.

Her speech was like a song, though unmeaningful and the family enjoyed it. She wouldn't stop speaking once she started. The home remained quiet only when she slept.

She even started walking and they were all happy about it. Her first steps were so cute and adored.

Susou was so careful about his daughter walking. He would scrutinize her way for anything that might cause her to fall. He was a typical dad.

She had grown enough to play with Adhi. They played games together and Adhi was mature enough to find happiness in losing to his little sister. He wasn't this way before.

Sana's parents visited them often and bought toys and gifts for Nivi.....and Of course for Adhi.

Nivi, then was over two years old, and they decided to send her to school. Nivi was so excited about schooling as she had previously learnt all the English alphabets and a few rhymes.

They sought admission for Nivi in a renowned and standard school, popular for its education quality. They bought her school uniform and it was perfectly stitched to match Nivi.

It was the first day of her school. Nivi woke up in the morning with a fresh mind, and she was made to get ready to school. She wore her new uniform, school shoes and stuffed her school bag with her favourite writing kit and snacks.

Nivi prostrated to her grandparents, before leaving for school. Susou and Sana accompanied her, as it was her first day.

As they left Nivi at the school gate, Sana's eyes filled with tears for no reason. Nivi was happy. She bid Goodbye to her mom and dad and left to her class.

Sana went for her work. She couldn't concentrate on her work as she focussed her thoughts only on Nivi and how she would manage the new environment.

Nivi was a different child. She din't cry to go to school, neither she felt the school environment alien. She enjoyed her first day and made a lot of friends.

In the evening, Sana stood waiting  outside the school to pick up Nivi, and at the sight of her daughter, Sana rushed and hugged her tight.

On their way back home, Nivi narrated what all happened at school and how she enjoyed the day. Sana became nostalgic of her childhood, when she behaved the same way as her daughter.

She was happy that her daughter resembled her in this deed. They reached home and the family started enquiring the happenings of the day, one after the other.

They were interested to pay attention to her sweet, cute childish delivery of words.

She grew up as a bright student at school, as how Sana did. She was indeed good at singing and this showed her resemblance of her dad.

Life went on very well this way. But nothing was permanent for the family. Another tragedy was about to threaten them shortly.