turkey

'so, who's gonna take care of the turkey?'

'Ginevra Molly Weasley-Potter I love you with all my heart but I am not about to let you anywhere near a turkey.'

'What do you mean! Harry I'm a great cook, I literally cook every other day.'

'I know love, just not when it comes to turkey.' he had to bite away a smile to not spoil this mock-argument, 'i think i found string in mine last year...'

'I object. I am the best cook around. Period- AL!' Albus froze in the doorway, looking at his mother questioningly, sitting at the counter while his dad finished drying a bowl at the sink. Everyone always said his mum hadn't changed at all since she herself was in Hogwarts, and although Albus wasn't exactly there to confirm this, he had to admit, his mum does look incredibly young for her age. With straight auburn hair, down to her waist and freckles against her pale face, making her always look sick even though being the ex-player for the Holyhead Harpies, meant she was pretty much always healthy, unlike Albus' father. Harry had aged pretty well as well but not as much as Ginny. He had lines under his almond-shaped, bright emerald eyes and lines on his forehead every time he smiled, like right now. His father had jet black hair, that was always messy no matter the spell or hair product, covering the HarryPotter™ scar, that held meaning beyond his sons full understanding. He still wore thin framed, round glasses that he was constantly pushing up. Albus couldn't count the amount of times he'd reminded his dad that he could he could easily use a vision improvement spell but no matter how many times he'd told Harry this, he'd always respond with 'I have to keep the brand' and that reply would always without a doubt earn an eye roll from Albus.

'Albus tell your father that I'm the better cook.'

'You sound like you're trying to convince yourself over us, Gin'

Albus snorted continuing his trip to the fridge in search of his favorite apple juice, unfazed. 'Mum is definitely the better cook-'

'HA!'

'-But not when it comes to turkey, gotta give 'at one to dad'

'HA!' exclaimed Harry, pointing his finger at Ginny's frowning face and dancing a victorious dance, spraying water as he did so.

'What are you guys doing anyway?' asked Albus, distractedly, reaching up for a glass.

Harry wiped his hands off his jeans and took a seat on a stool, across from Ginny at the kitchen counter. 'Planning Christmas. We're considering hosting it at ours.' Harry turned Ginny's notepad around so he could read it. 'You wouldn't know if Bill is celebrating with Fleur's family this year, Al?'

'I'm pretty sure Rose mentioned it but I'd double check,' Harry bit his cheek and nodded slowly, in concentration, making Ginny discreetly, smile at him, fondly. Albus looked up from his apple juice, 'What about Scorpius and Mr. Malfoy?'

As if a record scratched, Ginny's smile fell and Harry let go of his cheek, frowning up at both Albus and Ginny. 'Um. I-' stuttered Ginny.

'Muuummm! You promised!'

'Promised what exactly?' Asked Harry cautiously.

'Mum said I could invite Scorp and his dad. His mum just passed away and the kids are giving him a harder time than usual after all the Rose-troubles.' Harry's drown deepened. 'Dad, he's my best mate, I don't want to spend Christmas without him.' He continued quietly.

'Al,' Harry exhaled, getting ready to fire as many excuses as he could without stating the obvious. 'I know he means a lot to you and I have nothing against him, he's one of the nicest kids out there, I'm so grateful for your friendship. Its just- ' 

'Mr. Malfoy. Yeah, I know but dad, you have to grow up and move on. People change, I think he's proved himself already. He deserves our support. They both do.'

Ginny smiled proudly at Harry who bit his lip but nodded nonetheless, gathering confidence in doing so. 'Yeah. Yeah okay, well see what can be done.'

Albus smiled smugly and took a sip of his juice, making his way out of the kitchen before stopping at the doorframe and turning around. 'I was kidding by the way. No offence dad but your turkey sucks ass. I'd rather eat string.'

'ALBUS!'