king's cross

'You're kidding.' He looked absolutely bewildered and it made Harry think back to first year when being friends with him and Hermione pretty much made that Ron's signature look. Ron still has those big, childlike eyes, that make him look years younger. He also still had his shaggy ginger hair and a few freckles here and there, yet he looked older. Harry couldn't really tell how though. Maybe he just looked more built.

'Ron, I can assure you that this is not a joke.'

'Christmas with the Malfoys huh?' He raised his eyebrow, shaking his head slowly, 'I've gotta say, this is not where I thought this year would take me.' They were at the London King's Cross railway station, leaning against the red brick wall, side by side, Ron sipping on an overly-sugary caramel mocha that Harry could smell from where he was standing.

'It means a lot to Al.' Ron nodded 'And anyways, he's a grown man, he's not a whiny 13-year-old with too much hair product anymore.' Harry offered a smile. 'The guy's going through a lot as well, he deserves a chance.'

'I s'pose. But I am expecting some wicked presents from 'em.' Ron chuckled. Harry rolled his eyes and swung his arm over his best friend's shoulders. He smiled, Harry hadn't expected Ron to give in this quick. 'C'mon, we've to tell Hermione.'

------------

'You're kidding.'

'that's what I said.' Snorted Ron before letting his smirk face fall when he caught Harry's glare.

Harry returned his focus to Hermione. She raised her eyebrow at him as if she was still expecting an answer. He rolled his eyes dramatically sighing. 'No. No, I'm not kidding. It means a lot to Al. I was hoping you'd understand, H.'

'I'm trying to.' She bit her bit, thinking. 'Yeah.' She nodded a few moments later, snapping out of her mind palace or whatever was going on in that brain of hers. A lot of things had changed within the golden trio, a name that now only gets used ironically (or when they're wasted), however, Hermione was pretty much the same person, only more. She still had more than enough knowledge and the kindness and open mind-ness as when she did as a teenager, nose in a book constantly (if she wasn't busy saving Harry's ass that is). Yet he felt like she finally had the freedom to do the things she'd been dreaming of and it made Harry absolutely fucking jubilant and proud to see her now, all dark skin and dark, frizzy hair, to be standing here outside the station that changed his world, alive and well and having the liberty to get on with her own life instead of feeling the obligation to take care of Harry's. They all knew she'd give it all up for either boy though and that was mutual between the three.

'yeah?' asked Harry looking between her and Ron who was reflecting the taller boy's confusion, brows furrowed.

'yeah. It's a good idea.' She looked up at them. 'I think it'll be lovely of us to invite him. He deserves it, especially after losing Astoria. They weren't the perfect couple, but he depended on her. He has nothing but a son he sees 3 months a year. I'm sure he's a lovely lad.' She smiled confidently. 'we'll have a grand old time.'

Harry, still taking in her analysis, high fived her, beaming and Ron grinned at them.

'WAIT! Does that mean Scorpius is coming along?' Exclaimed Hermione, spreading her arms as if she was trying to stop them from any further movement, attracting a lot of strange looks from the muggles trying to walk past them.

'yeah?' answered Harry, startled, not moving a muscle as if he was expecting her to start flapping her arms and take off from her sudden excitement.

'Ahh! Yes! That kid is always up for everything! He let me transfigure him into a scorpion just for a dumb pun on my last Hogwarts visit, and I want to try Coloravia on that lovely hair of his, after years of mocking it, I have to admit, Malfoy hair is a treasure.'

Harry burst out laughing after a few moments of a pure loss of speech, 'H, make sure you have his full consent, I don't know how he'll feel about a colour changing charm.' But he could already tell by Hermione's excitement that she wasn't going to let it rest, whether he was up for it or not, though Harry had to admit, he probably would be. This'll be one hell of a Christmas he thought but smiled nonetheless.

//just a lil note that this is my first fic so it's probably pure shit but fire all the (constructive pls) criticism you have at me because i'm having a lot of fun writing this, and i didn't fall in love with the cursed child in particular bbuutt i did fall in love with Albus' and Scorpius' characters and i need to live up to my name and give draco the better not ending but beginning to a new chapter (quite literally lol) that he deserves so//