Chapter 14: Welcome Back

*JEROME'S POV* (15 minutes before)

I've been sitting here, every day for a month. A fucking month. They say if he doesn't wake up soon that they'll pull the plug, but soon for them means in like 2 months. So Mitch is safe for now. But while I sit here, the nurses come into the room, asking if I need anything. I usually just say water or some pancakes.

But today the nurses didn't come around... Are they ok? Did I like do something wrong?

I was getting really thirsty, so I walked out to the water fountain located across the hall. When I emerged from the room, I saw the usual nurse Mckenzie walk out from the room next to Mitch's.

"So I see you've left that-" She walked over to the room. She was moved by the smell of the room. She squinted her eyes in disgust.

"Maybe we need some febreze, how does cinnamon apple sound?" She asked with a smile plastered on her face.

"Actually... Can I have vanilla febreze? It's Mitch's favorite." I stated.

"Sure, how long have you known Mitch?"

"I've known him since 4th grade..."

"Okay. Last question before I get the febreze. Are you two together...? I have nothing wrong with that, I'll just put that out there."

"Uh were not." I blush grew on my face.

"Yet?" Its like she read my mind.

"Yeah yet.."

"Well I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you."

She walked away and I continued over to the water fountain, which I hadn't reached yet. When I popped my head up from the fountain, I saw a familiar face appear.

"Amelia?" The females head jerked towards me, and a smile found its way to her lips.

"Jerome... How are you?"

"I'm... I'm here with Mitch, I have been for a month. You could say I'm tired..."

She was still how I remembered her. She was sweet and funny. She was super loud at times, and was always super protective of her brother; Mitch. Her long caramel hair fell over her chocolate brown eyes. Her and Mitch were always really close, she even had the same red and black checkered jacket. Along with jean shorts and pink vans. I could tell that she stole Mitch's glasses, because she was wearing his tinted Gunnar's.

"How is he doing?" She brought my train of thought with her mellow words.

"He's been fine..."

"Well... I should go... I saw him last night."

I looked at her in confusion. "When did you get in?!'

"The nurse said you were in the bathroom, I really gotta go... Bye!" She waved goodbye and shuffled out of my line of view.

I walked back into the room, and I placed my hand in with Mitch's intertwining our fingers. I sat there for a good... I don't know 10 minutes just staring at his lifeless face, until the nurse walked in with the febreze. She walked around spraying it in every corner but the one me and Mitch were in.

I heard a deathly beeping noise, and jolted my head sideways to see the heart monitor going berserk. McKenzie slammed her hand down on the help button, summoning in about 5 nurses. McKenzie looked at me with a sympathetic look, but shooed me out of the room. 

~o~O~o~ Time skip 15 minutes ~o~O~o~

I was finally let back in the room, when I saw all the nurses leave. McKenzie remained in the room, and signaled me to come in. As soon as I walked in I saw Mitch. Bright and wide eyed staring at me. Still hooked up to IV's he led a hand out for me. I managed to scoot my way over to the doctors chair that I had been siting in for about a month.

His skin was as pale as a ghost, but he didn't need to be reminded. He looked perfect to me. 

*MITCH'S POV*

My eyes flutter furiously, and began to stream in light.

I opened my eyes, which instantly locked on Jerome. Him and his cute face. I looked around and found a nurse sneaking out. Jerome waved goodbye to her and said something. I guess they got close. He moved over to a blue chair that had a butt mold in it. It must have been Jerome's because is was sexy.

When he placed that nice booty ((Do she have a booty?? SHE DOOOOOO!!)) on the chair, I came to find that he had intertwined our finger. I still couldn't hear anything, hope that will change. I want to be able to hear Jerome. Hear his sweet voice again, speaking my name. I felt like he was trying to speak to me, but nothing was registering. Finally my hearing came back to me.

"Biggums?" Jerome's face beamed concern.

"Yeah?"

"I was calling your name for a solid 2 minutes. You okay?"

"Yeah I wasn't able to hear for those two minutes. How long was I out?"

"You've been.. Uh-you've been out for a month..." How could that be? I was only gone for a week.

"A month!?" I screamed.

"Yeah..."

"Guess where I was?"

"Heaven?"

"Nope, I was in Minecraft..."

"How...?"

"Let me explain. I spawned, and I didn't know what was going on... But I started punching trees, like any noob does. I started to go mining, like we do in battle dome. I got enough iron, and eventually found tons of diamonds. I went to the nether, then the End. I killed the dragon! I couldn't even do that in the game, let alone when my life ACTUALLY depended on it. Now I'm here... With you. I'll go more in depth later."

"Haha, alright Mitch... Lets go home..." He chuckled and started to get up. He didn't believe me.

Jerome got up, and walked over to the front desk. He found out I wasn't allowed to leave till tomorrow.

"I'll stay with you." He looked back me, on the verge of crying.

"Jerome... You don't-"

"Yes I do, I was here for the month tat you weren't. I sure as hell will be here when you are."

I hopped back into the bed, and patted the bed side next to me. Jerome got the notion and climbed in. He snuggled up next to me, and we fell asleep in each others arms. And that was that, until the morning when I can finally leave.

I cant wait to be at home with Jerome. My best friend. And my crush. If I'm lucky, lover.  

((Sorry I didn't have this posted earlier... I wasn't really mood, got some stuff going on at home... So I sat and watched YouTube all day, and that made me feel better. Not gunna go into detail, cause you know. I don't want sympathy, but I wanted you guys to know why I was off... ANNNYWAAAYS... Read on my little bells!))