Chapter one

As you saw in the prologue, it was focused on Bendy's perspective. Well, to be honest, I can't really do that. I need to switch between the point of views between Mickey and Bendy. I don't tell who, but it's never hard to figure out. And I won't change perspective in the middle of a chapter. Anyway, it's amazing how fast people are finding this book. Thank you all.

••••

I hated it here. I hated that I was mauled by other toons every day. I hated that I didn't even get to pick who I wanted to be with. Instead, she was made for me. Made me sick, it did. I mean, don't get me wrong, Minnie's a great girl. Just, not for me. Anyhow, I was heading to Oswald. He lived in the Beauty Castle, with some of his children. I wasn't one for staying, just a simple house is fine for me.

Anyway, as I was saying, I didn't like going out in public. There's just too many fans. I don't understand how I got so popular in the first place.

"Hey, Mickey!" I shot my head up, my ears on perk. I sighed.

"Oh. Hello, Oswald. Why aren't you home?" I asked. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, I was going to see Ortensia and the rest of the kids," he smiled. "Where are you heading?"

"I was just heading to your place. But I see you're busy. Maybe later?" I asked. He nodded, and scampered off. I sighed. "Or not." I turned around, and started heading back to my home. I nearly had a heart attack when a flyer flew past me.

It flew to an old looking building, getting stuck on the boards. Hm, looks like no one's there... Perfect. Making sure no one was watching, which someone probably was, I made my way to the broken down building, going around it to find an entrance. Luckily, there was a hole I could squeeze in.

The walls inside had vintage posters of toons I've never seen. The floors creaked with every step I took, while the boards were rotting. It was amazing that the lights were on.

Apparently, the main character for this cartoon is someone called Bendy. No idea why, though. It's an odd name. With a side character of... Boris, is it? How come I haven't seen them?

As I turned a corner, I stepped back in shock. There stood a giant machine, with a weird spout. It had Ink Machine in bold lettering. Strange. I didn't see an on button either.

"Who.. who's there?" I heard a voice say. It was rough and shaky.

"Oh! I didn't know anyone was here. I'm so-" I tilted my head. "Wow. Say, aren't you the one plastered everywhere in this building? Um... Bendy?" The figure stepped into where I could see him clearly. And, I was right.

"Yes... and you're... M... Mi..." I could tell he was struggling.

"Mickey. My name's Mickey. Mickey Mouse." He looked down.

"I'm... I..." Has he ever talked to someone?

"So, what are you? Cat, mouse, bunny..."

"I'm Bendy the... The Dancing Demon.." Demon? No he's too... Cheeky. And shyly calm.

"Well, good day to you, Bendy!" I held out my hand to him. He only stared at it. I scoffed. "It's a hand-shake." Bendy jumped.

"Oh. Right. Sorry.." He took my gloved hand with his own, shaking weakly. "So... Mickey Mouse. New toon in nineteen-twenty-eight. First episode shown in called Steamboat Willie. Best friends are known as Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and... A g-girlfriend named Minnie. First other toon to show in was Pete... D-did I get that right?" I was astonished.

"Yeah... How do you know all that?" The demon sheepishly rubbed his arm.

"W-well, sometimes flyers of you come in, and... I read them.."

"Oh, I see. Well, I didn't mean to intrude you. I didn't think anyone was here. I can leave." He nodded.

"It's okay. It's nice to have someone here. I can show you how to get out, if you want.." I smiled.

"Sure!" Bendy stood there for a moment, then began walking. While we're doing this, I guess now would be a good time to describe him. He looked sort of like me, except for cat-like horns on his head, and a devil tail. He had a simple white bow tie, with black shoes. Now, he may seem like he isn't, but he is wearing clothes. They're just... Black.

He stopped at a medium-sized hole, bigger than the one I squeezed through. As I crouched down, I heard him speak.

"Will... Will you come back tomorrow..?" I turned, and smiled.

"Sure, sounds like fun." Then I got out, heading back home. I'll visit Oswald later.. Eh, maybe not.

••••