Chapter 1, Staring At The Ceiling Again

Rocky's P.O.V.

*Knock Knock*

"Yo, Rock! Let's go to the beach, man. There'll be some hot girls in bikinis," Ross suggested. By the sound of his voice, I could practically hear his smirk, if that was possible.

"I'm good, bro," I called through my bedroom door. I was laying on my bed on my stomach, snuggling a pillow since I didn't have anyone else to snuggle. It wasn't fair, all of the guys had girlfriends. I had to deal with their PDA while I was pitying myself over my break up.

"Suit yourself," Ross mumbled back. There was a series of loud footsteps and the sound of the front door shutting, leaving me home alone.

This is the way it's been for the last few weeks. The guys would try to get me out while I laid here depressed. It was no use.

The reason I am this way is because my last girlfriend, Alexa, cheated on me. I loved her and gave her everything, but apparently, that wasn't enough. Every time I go through all of our memories in my brain, I can't help but cry. I remember all of the nights where we would just lay in bed and cuddle, and talk about anything and everything. I'd tell her I loved her, and she said it back, but it was all a lie.

Just like I predicted, hot tears leaked from my eyes and fell onto my pillow. Little whimpers escaped my mouth as my shoulders shook. I know I shouldn't be crying. I know I'm a grown-ass man, but this pain is unlike anything I've ever felt. I don't even know how to describe it.

But there was nothing I could do about it. All I could do is stare at the ceiling and wonder what I did wrong. Was it something I said? Did I not love her enough? Was I not showing enough affection? Was I not good in bed?

What did I do?