Chapter 2, Pick Your Heart Up Off The Floor

Rocky's P.O.V.

*Knock Knock*

Here we go again.

"Rocky, can I come in?" I heard from the other side of the door. It was Rydel this time.

"Sure," I mumbled back. She slowly stepped in and climbed up to my balcony where I laid on my bed.

"Rocky, you need to get out and do something. This silence is what's killing you. You need to go have fun and get your mind off of this whole thing," she ranted. I knew she was right, but I just didn't want to leave the comfort of my home. Being at home was the only comfort I felt these days.

"I can't," I whispered back, burying my face further into my pillow.

"Yes, you can. Where's the goofy Rocky I grew up with? The one who always flirted with girls alongside Ross, and the one who was constantly smiling. Where is he?"

"She killed him," I responded, trying not to let the tears fall.

"You need to get over yourself. Pick your heart up off the floor and go have some fun. Wait... That was a good lyric, I should write that down," she smiled.

"I guess I could try. But what do I do? I can't tell you the last time I had fun." I wasn't lying. Ever since the break up, everything felt like pain and suffering. I couldn't remember the last time I really enjoyed myself.

"Just round up the boys and go do something. They always know how to cheer you up," she suggested. I guess I did need my brothers.

"Ok, I guess I can try. Thanks, Delly."

"No problem, baby bro. I hope you get over this soon, I miss the real you," she smiled sadly as she rested a hand on my leg.

"Me too."

And with that, she left.