Chapter 18, If You Could Love Me

*Rocky's P.O.V.*

"Yo, Ross!" I called through the house.

"Sup, bro?" he responded from what I guessed was the living room.

"I'm gonna go in the garage and work on some music," I called back.

"Cool, let me know when you've got something tight."

Once I got in the garage, I picked up my green guitar and went through some of the music we had already recorded.

-A Few Hours Later-

"I could be with you," I softly sang to myself as I played through one of the songs I just finished.

"Sounds good," I heard from behind me. I spun my chair around to see Sky standing in the doorway of the garage.

"Oh, hey, baby," I greeted.

"Hi," she smiled as she walked over to me. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled widely when she pulled away. "Whatcha working on?"

"We gotta have a new release out soon and we're a little behind," I explained. She nodded along to my words as she plopped down on a couch across the garage. "What're you doing all the way over there?"

"It's best if I stay back here," she responded.

"Why?" I asked nervously. I couldn't help my racing heart when she said that.

She let out a small laugh and said, "You know how we are. We can never keep our hands off each other. I should let you focus."

"Yea, you should probably stay over there," I laughed with her.

"So, can I hear what you've got so far?" she asked.

"No, you've gotta wait till the EP is out," I teased her.

"That's no fair," she whined as she dramatically flopped onto her back on the couch. "I should get some special treatment, being your girlfriend and all," she laughed.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Sorry, baby. Rules are rules."

"I hate you."

"I love you."

(A/N 🎤 I hate that I love you😂 Don't act like you didn't sing it in your head.)

She narrowed her eyes at me as I waited for her to say it back. "Come on," I encouraged.

"Nope, not gonna say it," she said as she crossed her arms over her chest, looking away from me. I could see her trying to bury her smile, but she was struggling.

"Say you love me," I requested as I fully turned my chair to face her.

"Nope," she responded, popping the 'p'. I sighed and set my guitar on its stand, making my way over to the couch. I crawled on top of her, and her hands immediately went to cup my cheeks.

"If I let you listen to If, will you say it back?" I pouted.

"I love you, too, Rocky," she giggled, pressing her lips to mine in a gentle kiss. I smiled into the kiss, and got up from the couch once we pulled away.

"So much for letting me focus," I joked as I got situated back in my chair. I could hear her playfully scoff behind me.

"I'm surprised you don't have me pressed up against the wall yet," she laughed. I rolled my eyes as I found the track I was looking for on the computer.

"Don't test your luck," I teased her. She could probably tell that I had a smirk on my face. She wasn't wrong, though. We were one of those touchy couples that had trouble keeping their hands to themselves. I wasn't complaining, though. Hopefully that spark was enough to keep us going for years.