Luther

I watched him kiss her, I watched that thing touch her. That thing is a Sprite, tricky little lustful things. You can never tell what a sprite is until you see them with their family. Sprites usually play around with humans, he must be having a field day with Elmy, she's a powerful little thing who has no idea how strong she is. He must have erased her memories.

Chase has been acting differently ever since I brought him back. He hasn't said anything about Josie. He skipped school today and just sat at home and read. I burst in.

"Sawyer's a fucking Sprite!" Chase looked up from his book.

"That's a shame, what are we going to do?" Yeah, I was hoping he would know what to do. "Kill him?"

"Ever kill a Sprite? It's pointless, they always just revive each other." He closed his book and looked at me.

"Maybe we can negotiate with him, don't they like trades?" He's on to something.

"That would be a great idea if we had anything to trade," I sat down. "We should just kidnap her."

"Ask him what he wants, get it for him, then bam, we get Elmy back," I guess that's the best plan we have.

I called Sawyer and we agreed to meet at the Coffee Shop in Maybee. Chase was sitting there calmly while I was anxiously taping my foot. What if he doesn't show? What do we do? He showed up, ordered his coffee and sat across from us.

"What can I help you boys out with?" I took initiative.

"We want Elmira back," I said. Sawyer smirked.

"That's it, you're just going to demand I hand her over? I was expecting at least a sad attempt at a trade." I glared at him; not amused. "There's nothing you have that I'd want, anyway."

"Then why'd you come?" Chase asked.

"I just wanted to make the circumstances clear." He took a sip from his coffee.

"What do you want with her?" I asked angrily.

"The same thing you want, to protect her, to love her," he said in all seriousness.

"Bullshit," I claimed.

"I want what's best for her and we can both agree that it's not you. You left her on the side of the road." Chase stared at me.

"You did what?" Chase's face was red with anger.

"It was pitiful, what if I didn't get there in time? Ever consider that? And when I did get to her she wanted to die, that's your fault." Chase stood up abruptly.

"I remember, your parents were killed by a hunter, I remember you reaching out to the board for help to kill him. You should know that hunter is her father," he looked down at his coffee then turned back.

"Sit down, you're causing a scene," Chase sat down. "Kill him, and I let you try and spark up her memories. If she does get her memories back, she won't be running into your arms."

"What do you mean try? Isn't there anecdote?"

"No, I'm smarter than that, I didn't take away her memories I just hid them. She has to want them back," I looked at Chase who seemed to be calculating everything in his head.

"Deal."

We started with finding her dad, well, chase did, I got drunk. Chase found out he was staying in this abandoned motel on the edge of town. The next thing we had to think of was baiting him out and getting him vulnerable enough to kill. Chase thought we should just go in there guns blazing.