Three: Back to "Normal"

"Come on. I have a couple of people I want you to meet," I smile, take her hand and guide her to my house.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back so soon?"

"Did you not watch my latest YouTube video? Plus I kind of wanted it to be a surprise if it could. It did."

"How's your channel doing?"

"Really well. I just hit one million a little while ago, I'm almost at two million now, and I got to go to VidCon," I inform her, smiling and we got into my house. Which honestly kind of sucked though.

"Brikey! Kaitlyn!" I yelled, my voice echoing through the house.

They came running down the stairs, laughing and almost tripping, but they stopped when they saw Megan.

"Guys this is Megan, my best friend," I smile at her, putting my arm around her.

"And these are my friends from Miami. You know Bryce, and this is his best friend, Mikey, and this is my cousin Kaitlyn."

"Hey," she awkwardly waves and I laugh lightly.

"They are staying with me until Mikey and Bryce go to UH next week and Kaitlyn is staying here for her senior year."

"So you're staying here?" She askes, hopefully, and I nod and we hugg each other, tightly.

I don't want to let go.

"Just don't tell anyone yet. I want to make a grand entrance. Which you will help me with."

"Of course," she agrees.

"Well you know you're staying over with us, right?"

"I'll have to text my mom, but yeah, of course," she smiles and gets out her phone to text her mom.

We all head into the living room to put on a movie to start a marathon for the night. I need to get in some up all night nights in before I had to go to school in a couple of weeks.

We all eventually fell asleep. Bryce and me on the couch, intertwined as usual. Megan awkwardly laying on the loveseat with her head hanging down over the side, one leg on the ground. Kaitlyn and Mikey getting as close as they can without them touching on the ground, in the makeshift bed of blankets.

I wake up about four hours later to someone talking. There was a blue light over at the other side of the room. It was Megan.

"Nathan it's fine. Hunter isn't here, okay?" I hear her ask.

She and Nathan must be having trouble. They'll get through it, they have to, but why Hunter? He broke her heart.

I lay back down, not wanting to interrupt her and I think about my best friend that I left here all alone. Sure she had the group, but we just know each other so well.

Our friendship meant a lot to me, it still does and we not have known each other as long as the rest of them, but it felt so much stronger.

I love her and I want her to be fine.

● ● ●

"So you want to throw a party at my house?" Megan askes, confused. "But won't there be too many people?"

"No just the group will come over first and they'll be shocked and everything and we'll have a well-needed reunion, but then people will start coming and eventually everyone will know I'm home," I smile, describing the plan more thoroughly.

"Since when did you care about what other people thought?"

"It's not that I care what they think, it's just that I was gone for six months and I would like to go to a party in my hometown to celebrate my coming back," I replied, actually lying, sinki mg into the couch to make it more believable. I do care what people think.

"So Friday it is?" She asks, caving.

"Friday it is," I state, agreeing with the date that my grand reveal will be at. It will be good for my image.

"Ugh, I can't believe school is starting soon," I groan in annoyance, laying my head back on the leather couch.

"You used to love school."

"Well, I don't anymore. I've realized it sucks majorly."

After everything happened and when I moved to Miami everything was so different. People acted differently and I had money I could blow. I changed. It was good and I got over everything.

It was what I needed.

"Hey, Kaitlyn. Megan. Let's go shopping," I suggest, smiling and I almost did a girly clap, but that would've been a disaster.

"Hmm. I'm trying to save up," she says after putting down her glass on the modern glass coffee table.

Bryce and Mikey were currently out getting ready to move into their dorms.

"It's fine I have a trust fund, remember. My dad died, gave me a bunch of money," I recall like she didn't remember, raising my eyebrows to emphasize my point.

"I know, but it's different."

"Well it's better and I can buy whatever I want, so let's go," I encourage, pulling on her arm eagerly.

"Okay, but I don't want you to buy me stuff. I don't feel right about it."

With that, we were off into my silver Mercedes-Benz that I had 'shipped' here before I landed in Houston.

"Off to the mall," I smile as I pulled out of the driveway.

We got there in about fifteen minutes. I grabbed my Coach purse before getting out.

"You guys coming or what?" I ask before starting to walk to the entryway of the mall, leaving them behind.

I could hear clicking behind me. They were running to catch up with me.

I opened up the glass doors and I saw American Eagle first, so that is where we went. I bought some clothes and accessories and I even bought a new purse. I also bought Kaitlyn and Megan some stuff. Megan didn't want me too, but I insisted. I haven't seen her in six months she deserves something and I have the money for it.

After a while, we are just walking down the mall. Just to see anything that we can do.

The food court comes into view.

"You guys hungry?" I ask, but it's not like I was going to care either way. I'm getting a shake.

Old habits die hard. I love chocolate milkshakes. After I get it and turn around I see the booth. The booth that Bryce and Deja were making out in.

I stop and frown for a second before remembering: that isn't Bryce anymore. He's sweet, caring, and loves me. That was so long ago. Three years.

We are all different. We have all changed. I smile as I remember everything that has happened to get me where I am right now; with the exception of a few things.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Did you like it? I hope you did!

How do you think it's going so far?

Remember to comment, vote, follow, and share!

I love you guys so much😊😙

-Kay ;))