Six: His Dorm Room

I pick up another box and head back upstairs. The door was wide open, which was good because otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to get in without putting down the box. It may not have been that big or heavy, but I'm not exactly what you would call strong. I'm surprisingly fit, however.

The name on the box said Bryce, so I set it down on his side of the room by the door to his room. I was too tired, or lazy to be specific, to go all the way back downstairs and get another box, so I just sat on their couch waiting for them. There shouldn't be that many boxes left anyway.

I lay down and scroll through my Instagram feed, making sure to like as many fans' posts as possible. I also went through all the pictures I've taken and started narrowing which one I want to post.

"You're so much help babe," Bryce chuckles as he walked in with an obviously heavy box, so I jump up and help him. Although, I doubt I actually helped at all.

"I know right, you're so lucky to have me," I say, my voice coated with sarcasm and I look up at him with a cheesy smile. He sets down the giant box on the ground next to his small closet provided for him. Dorm rooms kind of suck, but at least they got a suite even though it costs tons extra.

"That, however, is true," he smiles and kisses my cheek before grabbing my waist and pulling me close to kiss me passionately on the lips. Mikey walks in about 10 seconds into our kiss.

"You're such a buzz kill, Mikey," I groan and flop on Bryce's bed. I'm not really irritated, I just love messing with Mikey since he's almost like the brother I've never had now.

"And a cock block," Bryce adds me, and mimics me, falling on his bed too. I lift my head so he put his arm under my neck. When I snuggle in close he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"This is my room too you know."

"It is? Because I just thought we were in here because Kaitlyn was getting an apartment from her new sugar daddy, now it makes more sense," I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm again. I look at him and he seems taken aback. His eyes are wide with shock.

"Kaitlyn has a sugar daddy?" Mikey asks, looking at me quickly, almost spitting out his drink.

"No you dipshit, she's a hoe, but not like that."

"Whatever," he crosses his arms in a pouting way and falls onto his bed, just like us, but not as cute or comforting.

I chuckle before grabbing Bryce's hand and intertwining it with mine as I try to pull him closer. If that's even possible at this point. We kiss again, forgetting about Mikey. He makes me feel so special. So safe and real. I can be myself around him. It feels like he might have saved me, discovered me.

It may seem stupid to act like this, to give my transformation credit to anyone but me - to let anyone else find myself, but if I hadn't met Bryce in Miami then I wouldn't have gotten over Blake. I don't want it to seem like Bryce was a rebound either because he wasn't.

Blake got me through a hard time in my life, but maybe he wasn't supposed to be the one I end up with. I still love Blake. I always will; there's something about your first love or any love for that matter. Every person you meet and have a relationship with will shape you. Everything that happens with that person impacts you.

Because of Blake, I was able to let people in again and that wasn't easy and Blake was the only person was able to do that. But Bryce was the one who made me feel like myself again or as much as possible considering my past.

I've struggled with many things, one of the worst being my depression -something I can finally say put loud and admit- which isn't something you just get over. I still have my bad days and it much better now, but one thing, one little thing can trigger me being sad for a long period of time. I'll relive my life and that little thing on a loop.

But with Bryce, everything is a little better; it's a little easier. The stress, the guilt, the sadness, and everything else just seems obsolete when I think about Bryce.

Honestly I don't know if it's because of him or because I have someone to turn to, but either way, I'm happy.

I can't tell if this will last because what does? That's life. That change is what always sends me off the rails.

There are many people in this world that have hurt me. Ex-boyfriends, ex-ex-boyfriends, friends, parents, people who leave and cheat and lie.

One thing I struggle with most is forgiveness. Not only for other people because I realize that when I trust people something happens but forgiving myself for everything.

I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself for the way I feel. That's what my therapist is for though.

"Are you ready for university?" I asked as I lifted my head from its accustomed spot on his chest.

"I think so; I don't think that'll be much different from everything else. I mean classes, homework, partying, it's all things I'm used to," he shrugged  with an unconcerned look on his face. I chuckled small before laying my head down again and breathing in the familiar scent and closing my eyes.

《》《》《》

I grogilly flutter my eyes open, trying to remember where I am. I'm swaddled in Bryce's signature navy blue sheets, but he's nowhere to be found. The blanket was so warm I felt like I was in a toaster oven so I quickly got up and sat on the edge of the bed, feeling the rush of cool air as I looked around the room.

There was a slight pulsing in my neck; I must've slept on it wrong. As I moved my head from side to side to try and relieve some of the pain, my eye caught a little orange square, sitting on his night stand.

Babe,

I didnt want to wake you but I had to go to this orientation thing. But I wanna take you out as a first night at college thing so I'll pick you up at 9.

Love you - Bryce <3

-p.s. look cute, which shouldn't be a problem for you ;)

I smiled as I read the sweet note he left. I held it close to my body as I pondered about where he could be taking me.

So I headed home to get ready for another night with the man that I love. It was this night that I realized that I would never get tired of him, or it would at least be a long fucking time before I could. He never ceased to amaze me with how much he actually cared.

He may not seem to be the type, but Bryce, right now, is all I need.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I literally have not written in so long 😣 it feels great even tho I kind of rushed the ending to be able to put it up.

I've been gone at summer camp all summer and that was amazing but I have so many passions in life, so i hope you enjoyed and i hope I'm an at-the-least-decent writer.

I wanna write so much and polish the rest but I'll get there.

But I try and I hope you like it. Comment what you thought!

Remember to vote!

Love you all so much

-Kay ;))