Two: Airplane Home

"Kaitlyn let's go, Bryce and Mikey are waiting for us," I urge her to hurry up. She was currently doing her makeup when we needed to be going to the airport.

"I'm almost done."

"I'm going to take that mascara wand of yours and take out your eye unless you put it away right now Kate," I glare at her and cross my arms.

"Okay, okay. Let's go," she gives up and puts her mascara back into her bag. I grab my carry-on and so did Kaitlyn.

We head outside and got into Bryce's car after putting our bags in the back.

"How are you getting your car to Texas?" I ask because if he was coming on the plane with us, someone had to drive it there.

"My mom is driving it there for some business trip she has to go on next week and then is taking a plane home," he informs me as I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Mikey don't," I say, telling Mikey that I know he was about to hit me on the head. Not like a slap or anything, but an awkward tap that gets annoying after awhile.

"Oh come on. How did you know?"

"You do it every time. I just know."

"You're no fun," he pouts and I just chuckle and continue to lay on Bryce.

"So you're just going to leave it there?" I ask, not getting the whole gist of things. Why didn't his mom just drive?

"Yeah, my mom is weird and she likes to be in the car, so she's going to pick it up sometime with my dad," he shrugs as he turns the staring wheel, so I adjust my position.

"Okay then."

After another 20 minutes in the car, we finally arrive at the airport.

We all got first class tickets thanks to Shelby. There were recliners that went back all the way, even though the flight was only three hours. It was nice to live in style; I didn't get to as a kid.

I breathe in before heading down the hallway and outside to the plane.

"It's going to be fine," Bryce rubs the small of my back. I'm putting all of my trust into him as we got onto the plane to Houston.

● ● ●

We get off of the plane and head to the waiting area for pickups. I look around for my mom, eager to see her. When I see her, I run up to her and hug her tightly. I haven't seen her in six months.

Bryce, Kaitlyn, and Mikey walk up behind us and wait until we stop.

"Who's ready to go to my house?" I ask, enthusiastically and we get into my mom's car and we go to my house.

Kaitlyn will be staying with me for her senior year too and Bryce and Mikey are going to stay with me until they can move into their dorm. Which is next week.

I run upstairs to my room and jump on my bed. It's exactly how it was before except it's cleaner, there are fewer clothes, and no pictures hanging up. Which will all change back.

"Who wants to help me unpack a little?" I ask as they came into my room and they nod because they know I'll make them help anyway.

"Well actually before that, Kaitlyn you can go pick your room and then Mikey can take one to sleep in and I hope Bryce will be sleeping with me," I smile and pull on his shirt, so he would fall on the bed next to me.

"Gladly," he smiles back with that little tongue thing he does and I kiss him.

"Go," I wave off Kaitlyn and Mikey. They left to find their rooms.

I go on top of Bryce, straddling his waist and start kissing him from the top.

"Am I interrupting something?" My mom asks leaning against the doorway and I quickly jump off and wipe my mouth. He likes tongue.

"Noo."

"Well, after you guys get settled in, come down for dinner, okay?"

"Yes, mom. We will."

After she leaves, Bryce and I laugh until Mikey and Kaitlyn come in. We start unpacking my room in the meantime.

"Do not open this box, okay? You do, and I'll cut you," I threaten and touch the box filled with my personal items I didn't want Kaitlyn or Mikey to see.

After a while, most of my stuff was unpacked and spread out in my room, except for my clothes, which I'll start on later.

"Tomorrow we'll do your room," I assure Kaitlyn, walking down the stairs.

We all bound down the stairs at the amazing smell of food. My mom had already set out plates for all of us.

After dinner, I head back upstairs and unplug my phone and look at my screensaver. It was a picture of Megan and me. I never changed it; I didn't want to. It reminded me of the time Before everything happened. When I could always count on her.

Before I left.

"Kaitlyn? Bryce?" I ask, not knowing if they were there. I half hoped they wouldn't be.

"Yeah?" Kaitlyn responds.

"You'll make sure the boys won't kill themselves right? I need to go somewhere, I'll be back soon."

"Of course," she smiles as I grab my phone and leave the house. I walk down the street until I come face to face with the eggshell house I have been in so many times before; it was like my second home. It's still like another home to me.

I walk up the smooth black driveway and knock on the white door.

"Hello?" Someone asks as they open the door. It's Megan.

"Megan?" I ask, not believing it was really her even though it was her house. I haven't seen her in six months. Too long without my best friend.

"Lexi!" She instantly hugs me and I hug her tightly back, letting a tear fall from my eye. I missed this.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sorry, it was short! But did you like it? How do you feel about Kaitlyn? Bryce and Mikey? What about the Mexi (Megan and Lexi) reunion?

It was a little short, but I hoped you liked it!

Remember to comment and vote! Follow and share! Please.

Love you

-Kay ;))