the date

skipping till friday

"i still have to tell dad and i dont know how.. should you just come over and be like im taking your daughter on a date and we'll be back before 11?"

"no... be like 'umm... hey dad my friend wants to hangout tonight and i said yes i'll be back 'round 11 he'll be here at 6:30'"

"i cant do that are you crazy he'll freak... i dont know i'll-"

"isabella im going to go over to janices with james might spend the night... you gonna be fine by your self?"

"actually dad umm this boy askd me out on a date can i do? ill be back 'round 11..."

"oh sure um but i gotta go so i'll talk to you later tonight"

"ok bye dad. he said it was fine but i gotta go so i can get ready"

"noooo stay on the phone talk while you get ready... ill be good i promise."

"fine but dont distract me i gotta be ready at 6:30..."

"you are one strict person, young lady."

"what ever cole" i say putting him on speaker and walking to my closet.

"what should i wear?" i said staring in my closet full of clothes. "i have nothing to wear"

"yes wear your high low drsss you wore for the dance."

"you saw me at the dance?" i asked looking at my phone thinking that he could see me.

"umm ya that blue one and wear your boots."

"what are you gonna wear?"

"a speedo and a white button down shirt"

"i hope your joking other wise im not goin"

"you really think i would show up like that? dont worry youll see but no im not wearing a speedo."

skipping till he picks her up

"hey gorgias, ready" he was wearing his gray flannel and the worn out jeans i love and his steal toed boots.

"yes i am lets go"

we get in the car and head to an open feild. i turn the radio on and my favorite song by luke bryan comes on and i turn it way up and start singing along...

she was sittin all alone over on a tailgate, tan legs swingin by a georgia plate, i was lookin for her boyfriend thinkin no way she aint got one, soon as i sat down i was fallin in love, tryin to pour a little surger in her dixie cup, talkin over the speaker in the back of the truck, she jumped up and cut me off, she  was like oh my god this is my song, ive been listening to the radio all night long, sitten round waitin for it to come on and here it is. she was like come here boy i wanna dance fore i said a word she was talkin my hand, spinnin me around before till it faded out, and she gave me a kiss and she said play it again, play it again, play it agian, and i said play it agian, play it again, play it agian.

id a give that dj my last dime if he could play it just one more time, but a little while later we were sittin in the drive in my truck, before i walked her to the door i was scanning like a fool, AM FM XM too, but i stopped real quick when i heard that groove, man you have seen her light up. she was like oh my god this is my song weve been listening to the radio all night long, i cant believe that it came back on, but here it is. she was like come here boy i wanna dance fore i said a word she was talking my hand spinnin in the headlights she gave me a good night kiss, and i said play it again, play it again, play it again, and she said play it again, play it again, play it agian

next friday night we were sittin out under the stars, you should have seen her smile when i broke out my gituar she was like oh my god this is my song ive been listening to the radio all night long waitin for itnto come on and here it is, she was like come here boy i wanna dance fore i said a word she was taking my hand, spinnin in the headlights she gave me a goodnight kiss and she said play it agian, play it again, play it agian, and i said play it again, play it agian, play it agian. yahh play it again, play it again, play it agian, please somebody play it again, play it again, play it again.

when the song ended colton just stared at me and started laughing.

"what are we here?"

"ya and nice singing dork"

"thanks? and ok well what we gonna go out here?"

"what do you mean.. were gonna eat then your going to put some of my clothes on and were gonna go fourwheelin" he said with a little smirk on his face. before we got out of his jacked up truck he placed a sweet little kiss on my cheek and hopped out of the truck to open the door for me.

when he got to my side he opened the door and held out is hand. i grab it and jump down.

"im hungry, lets eat." he said taking me to a blankent with food on it and set me down.

"me too." i say reaching for a sandwich.

"how was school today?" he asked grabbing some chips and taking a sip of his water.

"good i guess, i mean i dont like it but no ones doing anything," i say making him listen n smile at the sound of that.

"well thats good because i would have to woop some ass." i laugh at that.

when we were done eating he handed me some clothes and told ne tp put them on. when i was done he handed me a helment and some goggles and i put them on. he started the fpur wheeler and drove it out of the shed.

he went back in and started up another one and pulled that one out.

"you get that one," he pointsd to the first one which was black and automatic.

"i get this one." he said to the manual one that was red.

we hop on and head to the field.

"READY,"

"SET,"

"GO," and we take off. he goes a head because i dobt know where were going.