chapter 7

a few months later

my brothers birthday is in a couple days and i have no clue what to get him. hes had cancer for a while now and isnt doing any better.

"hey ready, partys at 5" colton says, breaking me from my thoughts.

"ya, im coming." i say with no emotion what so ever. i havent been happy sense the night i had my date with cole.

"babe, what can i do to help?"

"nothing you can do to help but pray." i say giving up on tryin to find my shoes. "ugh... fine ill wear flip flops."

it was the last day of school and i didnt want to go, even after a few months my brother and i have been closer than ever and im not going to missbhis last day. he turns 5 today, i asked him what he wants for his birthday... he wants to be healthy again. i cried for a long time.. why him, why not me, or someone at school have it. hes 5 and hasnt even gotten to LIVE HIS LIFE yet and god wants to take him away.

"hun, we gotta go, he'll be waiting when he wakes up." colton says behind me.

"ok sorry day dreaming here, lets just get him a cake and other things, dont go over the top."

"sounds good, i was thinking we should just get him some legos and some cars and action figures."

"ok thats fine, lets go"

we get in the truck and head to target. the ride there was quiet and the only noise in the truck was the country music playing and the sound of the beautiful truck scream. when we get there, we hop out and walk towards the door.

"ok ill head in the toy section and you go to the bathroom before you pee yourself."

"im not gonna p-"

"dont even say it. i saw you squirming around in the truck."

"well then i" said running to the bathroom.

when i done, i was coming out of the door when colton screamed and made me scream and jump.

"ahhh!" he was now on the ground laughing.

"you ass, trying to kill me?!" i screamed at him.

"that was hilarious, you shouldve seen your face." he said still laughing.

"your mean" i said starting to walk away.

"babe wait, im just kidding, cant we have alittle fun while were out?"

"fine, just dont scare me like that" i said about to take off and run away.

"oh hell no, you are not leaving me behind" he says and starts running after me and grabs me from behind and spins me around.

"COOOOLE!"i scream laugh trying to get out of his grip.

"tell me you love me and ill let you go"

"but i dont want you to let me go" i said alittle pouty.

"thats not what i meant, i mean ill let you out of my grip."

"ya i dont want that either. how bout you just let me down but keep holding me?"

"thats fine, but how are we gonna walk then?" he asked putting me down.

"umm with our legs?"

"haha so funny"

"just give me a piggy back ride."

"ok thats fine."

he put me on his back and carried me around the store. i have to admit that people were giving us weird looks as if we needed help... ok we do but still it was fun, it kept the cancer thing out of my head.