CHAPTER 5

He opened his eyes when footsteps were heard inside the hall.

"Your Majesty".  Dark amethyst eyes looked down from his throne towards the gray-haired man kneeling before him.

" Oh, it's you Minister of War", he smiled recognizing the man in front of him.

"Welcome back Inigo", Zathora greeted cheerfully.

"Inigo my loveeee!!! It's been a while, I'm glad you are safe!",  Karren, the blonde haired woman cried in glee and clung her arms into his.

"Get off me Karren , show respect to his Majesty and her Highness", he said in irritation.

"Aisshh, you're always mean to me," she pouted. 

"Stop acting as if you are a child Karren, sheezz, you're still the same as before".

"Aww, you still remember that Inigo? How sweet of you", she said brushing her head against his shoulder. He looked down at her and his frown grew deeper.

"What are you tal-..

"Sorry to interrupt you moment lovebirds, but this is not the right place to flirt especially when there's a minor here", a guy about their age said teasingly.

"But if you really insist, you can use my room for awhile; I'm not that evil you know".

"Shut up Claude!, Inigo snorted. 

"What?, I'm just doing you a favor, and besides you admitted that you like my sis-". Before he can finish his statement, Inigo jumped unto him and covered Claude's mouth with his hand.

"So, you're changing your mind now? You like me instead huh!", Claude grinned wickedly.

"What's the meaning of this? Why are you on top of him?ahhhhh! I think I'm gonna faint", Karren said, putting her hand unto her head.

"Eerrr, father what are they doing?", Zathora asked in confusion.

"Ha-ha-ha, don't mind them dear", the king faked a laugh, and then eyed the three, gesturing them to stop or else.

"Aha-hah-ah", Karren forced a laugh."His Majesty is right your Highness, don't mind us, were just,  uhmm, happy co'z Inigo is back, yeah that's it, he-he-heh!", she said as she pulled Inigo away from her twin.

"Ahe-hehehe, y-es your Highness, Karren is right", Inigo seconded. 

Zathora eyed them suspiciously and then smiled.

"Ehem.., so you have something to tell us, Inigo?", the king changed the topic. The color of the atmosphere suddenly changed.

He turned his attention to the king and made a serious expression while the two started to pace towards the king's throne and stood at each of his sides. Inigo was one of the king's trusted ministers in Gratin. He was nine when his father fought and was killed during the war. In honor for his late father, the king decided to put him under his custody and was sent to an elite school in Gratin. He then became one of the top skilled soldiers, catering to his present position in the kingdom. Just recently, he was sent on a special mission to spy on the surrounding kingdoms after they had found out about the lies of the disappearance of the four heirs. He breathed deeply and then let it out.

"It is as you have suspected your Majesty", he started. "Water and Air kingdoms are searching for the air and water heirs while Land kingdom is still gathering information of the whereabouts of their heir ".

The king smiled wickedly. "So, they already made their move huh? Air, water, and land heirs?,hmmm quite tempting".

"Father what does he mean? I thought all the elemental heirs of Madom were killed?", Zathora asked in confusion.

His attention was thrown to her daughter. "They were not killed dear, they were thrown away".

"So, that means that there's still a possibility that my brother is alive?", she exclaimed.

"Yes, there is dear".

"Oh my, it's awesome, I mean, I can have the chance to witness his heir power!!", she said excitedly.

"The fire heir will be please, princess", Karren replied.

"So, what about you choose your best dress now, for the comeback of your brother?"the king suggested.

"Great idea father, I can't wait to see him", she hugged him and then immediately slipped out of the hall.

As soon as the door closed, a serious expression crossed the king's face as he looked at Inigo.

"What else did you find?", he asked in authority. 

"I'm not sure about this but Water kingdom seems to be gathering information about the last heir".

"Last heir?", Karren repeated, quite confused.

"What do you mean by the last heir Inigo?"Claude asked. 

"The elemental manipulator". Inigo replied.

"You mean, there's an heir of the four elements?. Inigo nodded.

"The sole heir that could use and manipulate the four elemental powers at a time, and could even fuse two or three of the powers, creating a stronger form of power no one could ever imagine. Even if we have the strongest army, combine those of the surrounding kingdoms, we won't match up if the powers are manipulated", he explained.

"That's unbelievable!!, it's not true. There's no one in the history of Madom who had ever possessed such power like that", Claude argued heatedly.

"But the story of the chosen heir?." Inigo continued. 

"That was just a story! One of the fictional legends on how the elemental kingdoms came to be!", Claude cut him off. "And if it was true, then it would have been written in the history books of the kingdom. And how come that there are only four original heirs in the history, Great king Jabar of Gratin, king Marove of Mores, king Yool of Fusan, and king Lemar of Rector! How?".

The king raised his hand to stop Claude and then turned his attention to the flabbergasted Inigo. "Do you know what is their bases for thinking that this last heir is real?". He shook his head.

"No your majesty, I'm sorry but I have no idea".

"Well then, If it is true. We should be the first to find him," he retorted."Claiming that an heir of the four elements is real is something that cannot be proven in an instant. They must have a reliable basis for believing it," he added.

"Yes your majesty".

"Karren, find Eldred and tell him to abandon his mission for the meantime. And Claude, ready my carriage, I have to visit someone important, "he ordered.

"As you wish your majesty", they replied in chorused.

He waited for the three to come out before he closes his eyes. He then tried to decode Inigo's information and when he did, it alarmed him. King Alfred immediately stood up and started to pace at the back of his throne, locating the button and then pressed it with force. Just then a secret passage below his throne opened, with staircases unto it leading underground.