CHAPTER 4

Time seemed to stopped. She was shocked; her eyes went wide darting to the boy kissing her.

"Did you hear it, your Highness? I think I heard something".

Eldred did not respond to him; instead, his gaze darted to the tree beside them. He began walking towards it; his eyes were full of suspicions.  'Who could it be?', he thought.

The two remained in their position aware of the person approaching towards them. Her heart beats faster unknowingly. She thought if it was because of the evil coming or to the kiss she had at the moment. Her face suddenly turned bright red. He moved closer and closer, almost got to where the two were when

"Your Highness, your carriage is here". He nodded in response and looked at the tree for the last time before he marched his way to his carriage.

                                                    *****************************

"Are you sure about that information?", he asked as he watched the ball of fire in his hand turned black.

"H-undred percent sure your Majesty". 

He smiled throwing the ball of fire to the soldier in guard without hesitation. 

"Perfect!"

He then turned his head to the person kneeling in front of him.

"Report this to the Minister of War and make sure that nobody will know".

"Y-es your Majesty", the Minister of Research and Extension replied nervously.

"You may go now". The man bowed first and then slipped out of the hall. He smiled evilly.

"I never thought that it would be easy to find you

"Pricilla"

                                               *****************************************

Just when the carriage went away, Calora immediately shoved the boy kissing her.

"You jerk", she yelled trying to slap him across his face but the boy was quick enough to block it.

"Tss, he smirked.

"How dare you kiss me!!".

Jarred raised one eyebrow at her. "Don't ever think of it as a kiss old hag, I just kept you silent".

Her face began to heat up in anger. "How dare you, YOU PERVERT".

"Gezzzzz, don't dream that I would last after you, surely your not my type", Jarred said as he looked at the girl. "Besides aren't you grateful that a handsome guy like me kissed you?".

"HuH! There's nothing to be grateful about it pervert", she hissed in anger.

He closed the distance between them moving his face an inch closer to her ear and whispered in a husky voice. "Are you disappointed that the kiss did not last longer? Just tell me, then we'll do it again".  

Her face turned red which meant that she had lost her temper and then pushed him hard. "The hell I care with that kiss, it freaks me out just thinking about it.  And I'm not disappointed you jerk", she added.

"Actions speak louder than words old hag", he smirked as he turned his back at her. " And by the way", he paused.

"Your lips are rough", he said and then walked away.

                                                    *******************************************

"THAT BASTARD", she screamed loudly while making her way back to her home. The incident earlier played in her mind. She touched her lips for inspection. "How dare him calling my lips rough,  ugghh!! he sure has a lot of air in his head".

The sight of their house changed her mood immediately. She had thought if her mother was at home preparing for food while waiting for her. She can't help but feel happy and excited at the thought. Her mother is precious, sure thing, sometimes she felt that she was hiding something from her but when she thought of how she had taken care of her with all her life, instantly, all her suspicions vanished. She loves her mother so much that she is willing to give up everything even if it takes her life just to keep her safe and sound. Her mother was waiting at the front door of their Kubo waving happily at her.

"Nana", she smiled in glee waving back at her.

"Did you enjoyed the sight downhill?", her mother asked. She hugged her and then replied.

"Yes Nana, I enjoyed it very much", she lied and then faked a smile. The incident earlier at the hill was really terrible and depressing and that she doesn't want her mother to be worried.

"Oh, how I wished I was with you", she pouted like a six years old child.

"Hahahahahahahah", she laughed loudly holding her stomach in. "You look terrible when you pout Nana, hahahahaha".

"Ouch, how hurting your words are Calora dear ", she said putting her hand on her chest as if she was hurt.

"Aww, I'm just joking Nana", she regained her composure and then held her hands.

"I know, I know dear", she replied smiling.

'Poknat', their fatty cat appeared all of a sudden chasing the almost stick-like rat hungrily and then his head hit the wall when the ratty rat went inside the hole.

They exchanged gazes and then

"Hahahahahahahahahahah" they both laughed almost forever.

                                               ****************************************

He threw himself on his bed placing his hands on the back of his head as he stared at the ceiling. What happened at the hill continued to replay in his mind.

'That old hag, how dare her ignore my charm', she thought in irritation.

All the girls in the academy he was entering were running after him, drooling over him and yet the girl she met earlier just pushed him. He can't believe it. He can't believe that there's still a girl existing in Madom that could nullify his spell, his charm to be exact. Just then, a sudden idea flashed through his head that made him grin.

'I never thought of an entertainment back home. Hmmmm, you're going to pay for this old hag. We'll see each other soon and when it happens, be ready,

coz you will experience hell out from me.'