Part 2 : The Little Intruder

Part 2: The Little Intruder

Thursday, morning

In the Duronto Express [from Sealdah to New Delhi]

Taking a deep breath in the fresh morning air, she had opened her eyes." Kanpur Central" was written widely in black colour with a yellow background. Looking at the name a small smile appeared on her face. 'A few hours more!', she thought excitedly. Her eyes were shifted on her watch which was showing 6:31 a.m. and her thoughts were transferred into the yesterday's events.

FLASHBACK STARTS

WEDNESDAY, AFTERNOON

IN A BIG HOUSE, AT JADAVPUR IN KOLKATA

"AARMAN" - RESIDENT OF BANERJEE'S

The name was engraved on the right side of the wall. A black, giant-like gate beside the wall was closed. It was forbidding the trespassers to enter in the beautiful house. glimpses of which could be seen through the space between the two rods. There was a lot of hustle bustle in the house. Workers and the guests often collided with each other as both were trying to make the house ready for the evening.

An old ambassador had halted before the big gate. Seeing the car, the gate-keeper opened the gate hurriedly. A girl of twenty's was sitting on the back seat of the car with a medium size bag. Her hands were sweaty. She was fiddling with her handkerchief. Her father was driving the car and the mother was sitting beside him. Looking at them did not help her either. When the car stopped in front of the house porch, without saying a word she left the car with her bag and went into the house.

Her steps were ceased by a voice. An old yet beautiful lady in her mid-fifties called her from behind.

"Khushi!", she exclaimed and added, "Where are you going? Come here."

Turning towards the voice, she made her way towards the lady.

Reaching her, she could not even say a word, as her aunt ( father's only sister) had begun to shoot questions at her.

"Did you see the time? It is already a 2'O
 clock. You should have completed your lunch by now. But you weren't here even", she exclaimed then without taking a breath she further added,"Why are you so late? that too in your own Aashirvaad? For God sake! You are going to get engaged in the evening! There is so much to do here. And you were missing from the whole scene since the morning. It is your time for beauty sleep. but now you have to eat your lunch. " Khushi opened her mouth to say that she already had her lunch with her parents.

They picked her up from the beauty-parlour. It was already 12:30 when she came out of the parlour. It was her mother's suggestion to have their lunch outside as they were already late to attend the lunch party which was arranged by her aunt.

Her words remained on her mouth as her aunt's talks would never stop, "And make sure you don't eat some oily food. If a pimple comes out, then your pictures will ruin your wedding photo album." Now hearing this kind of talk from her aunt her eyebrows went up and she could not help but to shriek, "Just put a full stop on your thoughts Pishi (Bua) ".

The silent followed after her one line sentence. Finding the silence a little awkward, she held her aunt's hand and trudged her to the first floor. She already knew which guest room her aunt had chosen for her from her secret informer.

Reaching the last room on the left side of the staircase, she let go of her aunt's hand and placed the bag on the bed. Then she went straight to the window beside the balcony door and stood there for a few minutes to gather her thoughts.