PART 3A : Ghosts Of Past

Part 3 A: Ghosts Of Past

Thursday Morning, at 6

A.C. Coach [In the Duronto Express, from Sealdah to New Delhi]

The early morning sun was already well risen. Morning sun rays reflected on the glass window. Rays of brightness cast squared onto the pale coloured wall, reflecting onto several objects in the coach.

A defenceless figure was sleeping in the sitting position, leaning her head on the seat in an uncomfortable manner. She blinked a few times, in an attempt to help her eyes adjust to the illumination directed right at her face.

The sun rays woke her up from her two hours sleep.

After adjusting her modern edge bob hairstyle, she looked outside from the window.

A new day has come, new possibilities, a fresh page yet to be written, was the only thought popped in her mind.

If anyone saw her would see her this way, they would assume that she was admiring the nature as the outer scenario was hard to ignore.

This morning was not grey like the previous night. Soothing lavender and brilliant amber colour were painted across the clouds. Powerful rays flood over the landscape lighting every blade of grass, shining from each leaf. The sky changed its colour within a moment. Now, the water of the lake by which the train was passing, mirrored the sky above. Both of them portrayed the kind of blue colour that was impossibly bright like tourist brochures had in its pages.

A close-up camera to her face would break the illusion of the person.

Anjali's eyes had a faraway look. Nature's beauty could not make her feel anything. Her feelings had already died with her divorce. There was only left anger or rage within her. From the last eleven months, she was angry always.

Now also she was enraged. She was furious on herself for letting the memories of the past enter her mind.

Travelling by train was always her ex-husband's first choice, though he could easily afford the Flight tickets. He took them on vacations by train but he went on his tours by planes. She never questioned him about this matter.

She wished that she was not naive at that time.

She closed her eyes not to see the memory of her deluded-perfect-happy-family which was swirling in front of her eyes.

Closing her eyes did not help her as she could see three people in an A.C. Coach like this.

The woman and she were resembling each other, except the big smile on the woman's face, her black long straight hair and the twinkle of her black eyes were making the difference.

The man was swinging a little boy in the air with the help of his hands. The little one was roaring in laughter as his father was tickling him in between the swaying. The father-son duo having fun, while the mother was busy in the arrangements of their lunch. After finishing her task, she went to them but they were too busy to notice her presence.

To get their attention back on her, she started to tickle her husband and son simultaneously. Her husband was burst out laughing and his grip over his son's hand loosened. Their son was falling down from the mid-air. The situation frightened Anjali. She closed her eyes with her hands.

After sometime she heard her son's giggle and removed her hands slowly from her face. The scene before her made her eyes misty and the big beautiful smile reappeared on her face.

Her husband was lying on the surface of the train and was retaining Their son close to his heart. He was whispering something about his-fell-on-his-flat-foot-incident by which Their son easily got distracted from the fear of falling down from such height and giggled on his father's words.