PART 3B : The Face-off

PART 3B: The Face-off

Thursday, afternoon

Near the Ticket Counter at New Delhi Station

The lady in the green saree or Gangu Bai had seen Her Kabir Baba's hiding place as she was walking behind Anjali. She knew he was trying to escape from his mother's wrath.

Nowadays, Anjali's anger is always at its peak.

Don't know what happened to the sweet girl?

Gangu Bai shook her head not to think about it.

Anjali's past life was kept in a Pandora's box and she hoped nobody opened it.

Her eyes suddenly caught at Kabir's side. His head was visible till his little eyes. He was looking at his mother. Then he laid his eyes on her and winked and went back to his former position.

Kabir's naughtiness brought a smile to her face. She remembered Arnav's childhood days.

He was as naughty as Kabir is now.

Arnav Baba and Kabir Baba's habits were similar and their mischief also.

Her smile widened at that thought.

Reaching near the Ticket Counter she peeked at her right to see if Kabir Baba was okay.

Khushi missed these as she was gazing down in shame. Her one-minute carelessness and Kabir's safety were in danger!!

Oh!! God!! What if someone kidnapped him!!

She shuddered at the thought.

Kidnapping is common nowadays.

She did not want anything to happen to the sweet boy.

She was sure Anjali must be shooting daggers through her eyes at her for this irresponsible behaviour and she deserved it.

Her assumptions were not wrong.

Anjali was surely pissed off and worried. A few minutes back she had seen Kabir beside this girl. She got distracted by a call for a few seconds and afterward, Kabir was not there. At first, she thought, this girl knew where was he, but her nervous face was telling her a different story.

Releasing a deep sigh Anjali turned around to see if any of the guards was coming.

The scene greeted her, making the situation more confusing.

Gangu Bai was in deep thought and she was smiling widely.

Weird! was Anjali's first thought looking at the scene. In a tense situation like this, she (Gangu Bai) was always the most worried person on the earth.

Anjali's sharp brain easily got that something was fishy. To pull out Gangu Bai from her reverie, Anjali called her loudly.

"Gangu bai!!"

Gangu Bai was startled to hear Anjali's loud voice.

Khushi was taken aback by her voice as well. She lifted her eyes to see what was wrong.

"Why are you smiling?" Anjali shoots a direct question to Gangu Bai in a stern tone.

Gangu Bai stammered seeing Anjali's no-nonsense look, "Oh! ku..kuch nehi Madam Ji. "(It's nothing, Madam.)

Anjali threw a glare at her for telling a lie on her very face.

Anjali's glare made Gangu Bai shutter more, "Matlab hai ki..hai ki..woh...Kabir baba.."(I mean to say that Kabir Baba is....)