Chapter 31

Inspired by "What A Catch, Donnie" by Fall Out Boy and "Therapy" by All Time Low

Erin's p.o.v

I sat in the living room, deep in thought. Tony was out at the doctor's and Victoria was still locked up in her room. Ever since her nightmare and the breakdown she had, she hasn't spoken to neither of us. At least she's still giving Stitch some love and was willing to take him out for a walk, but I wish she would take the time and take care of herself and allow herself to get better. They was only so much we can do to help her. What of what we're doing isn't enough? What if-

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard the sound of a door open. Victoria shuffles out of the guest room, completely disarrayed. Her hair was sticking out in every corner, her eyes were bloodshot and had tears welling up inside. My eyes fell to her scars and I bit my lip. She was doing so well. What did she dream about that caused her to do this?

"Are you okay, Victoria?" I asked her. She didn't look at me but she shook her head slowly, much like a zombie. She almost looked liked one. "What would you like to eat?"

"Nothing," she deadpanned.

I sat my laptop down on the couch and walked over to her. She poured some dog food in Stitch's food bowl and stroked his fur while he ate happily. If only Victoria was like that. "You have to eat something, and you can't lock yourself in your room. You're on suicide watch, in case you've forgotten. The doctor said-"

"I don't give two flying fucks what the doctor said! I'm not eating a damn thing, so stop fucking asking if I want something to eat, because I'm just going to say no! Why can't you understand that I just want to fucking die?!" She screamed.

I jumped and just stared at her. She always spoke in a gentle voice. To hear her yell surprised me. It must be her PTSD acting up. "Victoria, stop. Why don't you want us to help you? Why are you closing yourself away from us? We love you, and we want to help you."

"Maybe I don't want your help! Maybe this is exactly what I want! You can't fix what's already broken!" She yelled. "Why not throw me out with the rest of the other broken toys? I'm just as broken and useless and pathetic as them, so why try?!"

"That's a lie and you know that! Don't think such a thought!" I scolded her. I reached out to her but she backed up away from me.

"Bullshit! If I was so valuable, Mom wouldn't beat me half to death every day! If I was so valuable, my aunts and uncles would have put my mother in jail for child abuse! If I was so valuable, Daniel wouldn't have-"

She stopped and looked away from me, covering her mouth. I cautiously walled over to her and took her hands away from her mouth, brushing her hair of her tear soaked mouth. "Who's Daniel?" I asked her. She didn't answer me and only stared at me, blubbery sobs tumbled out of her lips. "Victoria, who's Daniel?"

She looked away and looked at the floor. The door opened and Tony walked in, cast-less. "I'm home!" He yelled. He walked in the kitchen and looked at the both of us, his eyes flickering between me and the sobbing girl. "Is everything okay?"

Victoria picked up Stitch and ran back to her room, slamming the door shut behind her. "What happened?"

"Just a little misunderstanding, that's all," I said. But it wasn't a misunderstanding. Victoria was so hurt and so traumatized from her childhood, that she truly believed that death will only grant her closure. I felt bad for her. Why didn't her other family members arrest her mother? Did they really care so little about her?

Come to think of it, Victoria never really did talk about her life back in Manhattan and her family. There was that one cousin she talks about the most, Lilah, but nothing more.

I walked over to her room with Tony behind me and pressed my ears against the door. "Victoria, may I come in?" I asked.

She didn't answer, so I slowly opened the door. She cuddles with Stitch and buried her face in his fur. I sat next to her her and hugged her. Tony sat in the side and rubbed her thigh.

"It hurts," she sniffed. "It hurts so much to try to stay strong for the people you care about and end up disappointing them."

"You're not a disappointment, baby turtle. Don't say that," Tony said.

She looked at him and rested her head on my shoulder. "You guys have done everything you could to make me happy, and I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for the love and support you guys are giving me, but if I'm honest with you, I don't know how long I'm going to last in this war between me and Mom. I want to stay strong and make everyone proud, but I don't how long I have until I give up. I can feel my body draining physically, mentally and emotionally."

I kissed her forehead and held her tightly. She climbed onto my lap sobbed in my neck. I didn't say anything else and just held her, letting her vent out the pain she his from us for so long. Stitch squirmed out of her grip and nestled in Tony's arms, but he stared at the crying girl, his paw on her leg.

What am I going to tell Vic? Am I going to tell him that his daughter relapsed into self harm and is falling deeper into the darkness, or will it call flesh out on its own? God, if you are above, please don't let Victoria die on us.

I WAS LISTENING TO WHAT A CATCH, DONNIE AND THERAPY (BECAUSE FEELS) AND THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER. DID YOU LIKE IT? HATE IT? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE!

 DID YOU LIKE IT? HATE IT? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE!