Chapter Six

I fall onto my knees. "I.......I am that child!" My voice is hoarse and I can barely breath!

"You?!" Nate and Cedric exclaim in unison.

"Yes. Before I came here, my mother told me all about my father and my siblings, except for their names. I guess my father is Galago?"  I say.

"Must be. He said he had three daughters and one son, but the youngest daughter was left behind. She is the only one who carried from him and that girl is............you."  Cedric says gently.

I get up. I look at Nate. "Sorry I didn't give you more respect!" He says. He looks at the ground.

"More respect? What do you think I am, a princess?" I laugh.

"Yes." He says quietly.

"Hah! Me? A princess?" I laugh again.

"Yes, he's right. You are a princess!" Cedric says.

Now things are getting even more complicated. "How am I a princess?" I ask.

"Your father, Galago, was the king in Realm One, wich means you're the princess!" He says.

"Makes sense!" I agree.

I look back at Nate. He starts to walk away. I grab his arm. "It's fine. You didn't even know I am a princess,  and neither did I!" I say.

"Okay!" He says. He's immediately cheered up.

Well, that was easy! I say to myself.

"We should probably get going. There's a long journey ahead of us!" Cedric says.

We walk for what seems like hours. We reach a jungle-like forest. It is very grey and has lots of vines and trees. "This is Cacay forest. It used to be very, very green and then the color just kind of poured out of it." Cedric explains.

"Because of Taltus? And why is it called Cacay Forest?" I ask.

"No. Well, I don't think Taltus has anything to do with it." He says absentmindedly. "Before Taltus came, this forest was full of magic. It is called Cacay Forest because Cacay fruit used to grow here and we could eat it, but ever since the color disappeared, the fruit has died! They're were some plants that could heal and some that could poison, also some that could make two people fall in love." He smiles and looks at me then at Nate. 

Nate's face turns dark grey (A.K.A Red blushing) and so does mine. Nate shuffles a little ways away from me. Awkward!

"Hah!" Cedric laughs.

"Anyways.......What happened?" I ask, blushing grey.

"I don't really know. No one knows. One day the color flowed out and we have been sick and unhealthy." Cedric says.

"But I thought this realm doesn't have any fantasy or magic. Does it?"

"When Galago came, he brought tree saplings with him. It was a gift. He gave it to us so we would have defense and healing. We planted the saplings and it turned into this! Every thing grew from a few little saplings!" He says sadly.

"Do you think that Taltus has anything to do with it?" I ask.

"I don't know. They might. We never heard of Taltus until they actually came to take the color." He has a gloomy expression on his face.

"Why did they want the color?" I ask him.

"Power. The more color, the more power. It makes you stronger." Nate breaks in.

"Oooooooooooh." I say slowly.

"So, do you have any best friends back at Realm Three?" Nate asks.

"Yeah. Their names are Allie and Melody. Melody is actually my cousin, on my mom's side." I say, looking at the ground.

"Is there any boy that you're close to there?" He barley manages to get it out.

"Yeah, why?" I think he likes me.

His face gets dark grey. "Just wondering!"

"Right." I say sarcastically.

I can't help but like Nate! He's so sweet! He's so open! But would that be being disloyal to Lad, my boyfriend back at home? I think to myself.

"What about Lad?" I say without thinking.

"Uh, who's Lad?" Nate asks.

"My boyfriend." I say quietly.

"You have a BOYFRIEND?!" He almost yells.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I look at him.

"I thought you just had a crush, but a BOYFRIEND?!" His face is getting really grey.

"He's kind of an over reactor!" Cedric remarks.

"'Kind of'?" I don't think those are the right words.

"Yes!" Cedric says.

"Why does my love life matter to you, Nate?" I ask suspiciously.

Nate stops his overreacting and looks at me. "B.....be....b...because.....well.....uh..." He stutters.

"Yes? Is there something you need to tell me?" I eye him closely with a smile on my face.

"I....uh.....I just want to be your friend, that's all!" He says nervously.

"Uh-huh." I say slowly.

"Well, more walking, less talking!" Cedric says.

There is a long, awkward silence. "So what was your friend's name?" I ask Nate, trying to break the silence.

"Artie Blacksmith. Yeah, he was the closest friend I ever had." Nate replies sadly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Artie Blacksmith? Artie is my best friend back at home!" I say.

"What is his middle name?" Nate quizzes me.

"Timothy!"

"Wow! You really do know him! How old is he now?" Nate asks.

"Sixteen!" 

"Last time I saw him he was only twelve! Oh, time flies!" He says.

"You've known him for a long time!" I remark.

"Yeah, what's he look like?" He asks.

"He's so tall and handsome!" I say dreamily.

"Oh!" Nate says unhappily.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Nate's face turn dark grey.

"Haha! Just teasing! But he really is tall." I laugh.

I look at Nate. He's taking deep breaths.

Maybe I should just break up with Lad! There is another boy I like, Nate, but I don't know which one to choose!  I think. I think I like Nate more than Lad! Lad kind of gets on my nerves!

___________________________________________________________

Sorry about the long chapter! I honestly like Nate better! (In the story!) Please tell me who your favorite character is by commenting below! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment!