Chapter Sixteen

We are back from Hawaii. We had the time of our lives. Recently, I have been getting strange feelings in my stomach and I don't know why. Today, I'll be heading to the doctor. 

One o'clock! Fifteen minutes till the doctor. I gather everything I need. Nate is not coming because he is setting up the house for Christmas! It is December Eighteenth today. Time to go. 

I run to Nate, kiss him and run out the door. I drive for five minutes and arrive at the big white building with the words Harrison Hospital in huge letters across it. I run inside and go to the elevator. I press the buttons and the doors close. 

There is one other person in the elevator with me. A very sweet looking lady with brown hair in a messy bun and green eyes. She looks like she is in her early twenties. She is wearing a light blue nurse uniform. 

All of a sudden, a faint feeling comes over me and I almost fall. The nurse sees my weariness and helps me stabilize myself. "Ma'am, are you okay?" She asks gently.

"Honestly, I do not know. I have not been feeling normal lately. I have been getting the strangest feelings in my stomach. But they are not stomach pains." I say honestly. 

She presses her lips tightly into a line and sighs. "My name is Danica, but you can call me Danny." She says.

"I'm Liliana." I say.

"Like the  Liliana? Are you married?" Danny asks seriousley.

"Yeah. I have been married almost three months." I say.

"Hmm." Danny looks at me up and down.

"What?" I ask suspiciously. 

"Nothing. What doctor are you here to see?" Danny asks casually.

"Dr. Mills." I say.

The doors to the elevator open and we walk out. "That's where I am heading right now." She says. "Come with me." 

I follow her to a big white room. There is a man standing in the room, his back to me.  Danny shuts the door and locks it behind her. The man turns around. "Ah, you must be Mrs. Dickens." He says.

"Yes." I say.

He looks at me then to Danny. Danny nods at him. All of a sudden, Dr. Mills' face forms into a very happy face. "Lay on the bed." Dr. Mills says.

"Uh, okay." I get on the bed and lay down. 

There is a weird camera-like object hanging above me. Dr. Mills grabs it and hovers it over my stomach. "Close your eyes!" He says. 

"Okay." He presses a button and the camera flashes. It flashes several times before I open my eyes. 

"You can open now." He says. 

"So what is wrong with me?" I ask eagerly. 

He has a sly smile on his face. "Perhaps you'd like to see for yourself."

 I walk over to the computer he is sitting at. I can't believe my eyes. I AM PREGNANT!

_______________________________________________

Ohh! Isn't this exciting? I love this part of the story! I hope you are enjoying the story!!