Chapter 4

"20 shots, rapid fire." Ordered Will, back at the cabin Pandora loaded her bow and fired 20 shots at the target, half of them hit gold, and the other half were red. "Good job Pandora, you can take a break now." Said Will, trying fugitively to get a better relationship with his apprentice

"Good job?! I didn't get all of those in! I have to keep practicing Will! What if that was an enemy! Hm!"

"Ok... Suit yourself."

Pandora fired another 20 shots at the target, with pretty much the same result.

"Look," said Will "you're not quite touching the corner of your lip yet, if you do you'll get more power. Here, fire another 20 shots."

Pandora followed his instructions, this time with 15 gold shots.

"Good job, soon you might even be average. Now, I'm going into the village. I have to pick something up from the fruit merchant. Just keep practicing." Pandora watched him leave, her eyes in slits. He said he was going to the fruit merchant, but he wasn't in town. Plus he had already gone yesterday when the fruit merchant was here. Pandora made up her mind.

The village was filled with the normal hustle of a morning. Pandora pushed her way through the crowd, she had left her ranger cloak behind and had donned a simple brown cloak.

Through the crowd Pandora followed Will, till they eventually came to the indoor market. Will pushed his way through the open doorway. Pandora slipped silently through the crowd, following her master.

The crowd was huge, and by the time Pandora had fought her way through the dark Ranger had disappeared from sight.

"Damn him," whispered Pandora "Damn him."

***

About quarter of an hour later Will appeared out of the indoor market and out into the open air. He walked down the crowded path, people parting for him like he was a king or magician. Pandora shoved her way through the crowd that appeared in the wake of the Ranger. Realising that she would never be able to catch up she headed towards the woods that were now to the side of the crowd.

She got back to the cottage quickly, but not quickly enough. When she got there Will was sitting outside the cabin on the porch. He glared at her and she glared at him, her distain evident.

"Where were you?" Asked Will

"Why would you want to know?"

"Because you are my apprentice." Pandora simply rolled her eyes, "Look, Pandora, I know you don't want to be here. That much is very clear, but what I don't understand is why you enjoy breaking my every single instruction. Look, you may not be here by choice, but the main thing is that you are here. And when you are here, I am your master and you will obey me." Pandora crossed her arms and continued to glare at him, "Is that clear Pandora?"

"Yes! I don't even know why you want me to stay here! You obviously don't like me, so I can't imagine why you want me to stay here and continue on this stupid apprenticeship!"

With that Pandora stormed out Will's sight. She calmed herself down as she continued towards the stable. She reached into a small wooden bucket and retrieved a rather large red apple. She stared into into the depths of the apple, staring at the different shades of red that ran throughout the skin of the fruit.

"How did I get myself into this mess." She wondered aloud

Chase gave a rather loud nicker as of to say: why are you talking to an apple?

Pandora shook herself, and brought her mind back to reality. She stroked her hand up the horse's neck. Chase reached out his head, his lips searching for the juicy flesh of the apple. Smiling, Pandora gave the red fruit to him, and he crouched happily on it, nodding his head.