Chapter 3-For Your Sake

*The superior officer's pov...*

I took off my hat as I approached his throne. I dropped to a knee when I got close. I made sure to avoid his gaze.

"Lieutenant, I presume things went well at the demonstration?" I could hear his voice say.

I gulped and replied, "We found the man and hanged him just as you requested Milord.....but-"

"But what? What went wrong this time?!" his voice sounded impatient.

"Only one man confessed, Milord." I answered.

"And? That is to be expected, is it not?" his voice sounded curious.

I gulped and replied, "He escaped before he made it to questioning, Milord."

In a few steps, he stood there, towering over me. A metallic ringing sound told me he unsheathed his sword. I gulped again as I felt it's presence next to my vulnerable neck.

"For your sake, Lieutenant, I suggest you find him." his voice commanded.

"Y-yes Milord." I answered.

The sword slid itself back into its sheath as I awaited my dismissal.

"One more thing, Lieutenant." he said.

"Yes Milord?" I asked.

"Any of my men you find acting suspiciously shall be submitted to questioning." his voice commanded.

"Yes Milord." I answered.

He gave me permission to leave, so I hesitantly stood up and walked away. I better find this guy or else I won't be so lucky to leave with a head.
************************************
Things are getting tense and we've only just started! Tune in for more updates!

-pinkninja out